"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

dereksmalls wrote:Peter Sagan not the only one with skills. Kiwi Jack Bauer popping the one hander up Ventoux

143. NZL BAUER Jack 172 GARMIN - SHARP 06h 20' 11'' + 31' 26''

Maybe he should concentrate on riding quickly with two wheels and two hands, rather than slowly with one wheel and one hand.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ahillock

by Ahillock

"Maybe he should concentrate on riding quickly with two wheels and two hands, rather than slowly with one wheel and one hand."

Naaaa, style points more important at this stage.

tranzformer

by tranzformer

53x12 wrote:Image

Haha quality chit right there. Love Tinkov. Need more owners like him.

53x12

by 53x12

You guys remember the times when a certain Chris Froome had to hang onto cars in the Giro to avoid time cuts and was DQ. I think it was 2010. Man how times have changed to where one can't even climb to just blast away like you have a jet pack.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

dgasmd

by dgasmd

After reading the last couple of pages all I can say I'm sooooo glad to know I was not the only one thinking what you all have been writing!!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

53x12 wrote:You guys remember the times when a certain Chris Froome had to hang onto cars in the Giro to avoid time cuts and was DQ. I think it was 2010. Man how times have changed to where one can't even climb to just blast away like you have a jet pack.

Hadn't he already decided to quit the Giro by then as he had an ongoing knee problem? Was it a car or a support moto like Paul Kimmage says it was. Conflicting stories here. It's all fine for us here as armchair commentators and experts without knowing peoples actual speeds, actual weights, and actual power outputs to pass judegement on something. I know it's down to the teams and the riders under suspision to prove us all wrong, but until then I'm just going to enjoy the race. It's not over yet :beerchug:

petepeterson

by petepeterson

A few things other than gollum's amazing ascent to mordor from me...

Will be an interesting final week for the podium spots. I'm particularly intrigued by kruezeger /contador relationship. 3 seconds. Was he trying to gap Alberto at the end of today's stage or was was that wishful thinking by me? A podium would surely mean a lot to kruezeger.

Wow Cuddles Evans and Andy Schleck today. It will be interesting to see where they go from here with their respective careers. I think Andy has a chance to come back and maybe Evans focuses on single day racing if he continues.

Lastly: Oleg Tinkoff.....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I don't follow twitter, but I must ask: has there been a twitter-spat between Tinkoff and Froome's Girlfriend yet?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

I'd like to put a different spin on Froome's performance.

For starters, I don't like the guy, not for any particular reason, there's just something about his face that annoys me, but, similar to Armstrong, he's clearly willing to do what the rest won't.

Hence, in my book, a deserving winner of the 2013 Tour.
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Is that really Oleg Tinkoff on Twitter - some of his comments, not just about cycling, but about people in particular are pretty high school ish, which I spose is ok if you're a Russian multi millionaire, but still ...

https://twitter.com/olegtinkov/statuses/356517550185660416
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

French radio coverage was essentially calling him Rasmussen for all intensive purposes.

The best evidence there is....the next 6 places are seperated by 2:08, that's what 'clean-er' racing looks like...and remember that riders 2-5 also gained 1:08 on Friday, so realistically we're talking a 5:24 gap to the next 6 riders who would be seperated by 1 minute.....right.

1 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling
2 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 0:04:14
3 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:04:25
4 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:04:28
5 Laurens Ten Dam (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 0:04:54
6 Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (Col) Movistar Team 0:05:47
7 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team 0:06:22
Last edited by ultyguy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

KB

by KB

kevinkalis wrote: similar to Armstrong, he's clearly willing to do what the rest won't.

Except that all the others were apparently doing the same as Lance, only Lance was more successful.

KB

by KB

prendrefeu wrote:I don't follow twitter, but I must ask: has there been a twitter-spat between Tinkoff and Froome's Girlfriend yet?

Tinkoff should be careful about what he says because statements such as the one previously are libellous. He's definitely taking a risk because he's high profile as opposed to the no-names on here.

MikeyT

by MikeyT

I understand that the biological passport system is never going to be perfect but Froome has been doing this all year and was capable of doing the same thing in last years Tour (had he not been held back in the mountains).

Do you think there is a new wonder drug that only Sky know about / are willing to use?
And that whatever it is it still cannot be detected years later? OK, in the past it took years for an accurate EPO test to be released but even then there were signs (red blood cell count).

Just seems strange that in this day and age you'd be able to get away with something for so long. (I am probably going to be labelled naïve :lol:)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

naive.

Look at it the other way. Dopers have always been a step ahead of testers, and historically few winners have failed doping control. Hence we can safely ignore passed tests; they are simply not an indicator of doping.

Is it possible for one team to have methods that others do not; again historically yes.

Froome's acceleration away from Contador had all the hallmarks of doping of old. Do you really believe that this was a manifestation of marginal gains - against a rider like Contador?