"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Better at doping.

It's hard to fathom that people still don't comprehend this.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

erty65

by erty65

MattSoutherden wrote:Better at doping.

It's hard to fathom that people still don't comprehend this.
Better/faster when doping.

mentok

by mentok

I just watched the eurosport 25min highlight package from yesterday's stage at the giro - so did evans actually get dropped near the top, or did he just ride tempo on the steeps, confident that he could ride back on once the course flattened out? coverage of that particular incident was not the best, i guess because there were no cameras behind the lead bunch at that point and the helicopter couldn't see through the trees.

disappointed to see hesjedal's giro over, but when you're sick, you're sick. hoping he can recoup and contest the tour or the vuelta (more likely) later in the year.

i wonder how far ahead of wiggins uran needs to be before the team rides for him instead...

good to see baby schleck up the road yesterday too. hoping he's at least got enough form to ride for some mountains stage victories at the tour.

LionelB

by LionelB

Evans stayed with Nibali the whole way up, in the super steep section he had lost of few bike lenghts but caught up.

mentok

by mentok

thanks. during the footage i watched, the commentator specifically said that evans had been dropped and he couldn't be seen briefly in the aerial shot, but he had been there moments earlier and then a few moments later he was off the front pushing the tempo so it was all a bit strange...

Liggero

by Liggero

Good for Garmin, kinda boring stage though.
Happy Trails !!!

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I know it's yesterdays news... but I thought Campy was impervious to any sort of issue at all. Ever. :mrgreen:

Where are the SRAM jokesters when Nibali had a mechanical?

Slide 9
http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/05/ ... sl4_286202

petepeterson

by petepeterson

It is sad for me to see Ryder out of contention although also reassuring to see him performing as a human.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Anyone knows where Savoldelli is ?

He used to comment on the motorbike on Rai3/RaiSport. I miss his famous "A Voi" :D

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Laying bricks? :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

de zwarten

by de zwarten

Imaking20 wrote:I know it's yesterdays news... but I thought Campy was impervious to any sort of issue at all. Ever. :mrgreen:

Slide 9
http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/05/ ... sl4_286202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From what I heard and can make up, Nibali was running 36-53 in the front. This would mean a 17-tooth upshift, uphill, under loading.
I guess even campag 11sp mech. isn't allows flawless with this kind of combination/circumstances...

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Imaking20 wrote:I know it's yesterdays news... but I thought Campy was impervious to any sort of issue at all. Ever. :mrgreen:

Slide 9
http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/05/ ... sl4_286202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chain drops are 99% of the time down to the rider not the equipment, be it Sram, Shimano or Campagnolo.

Nice to see VN have yet again failed to do their homework. Nibali has been on EPS virtually all season, only switching to mechanical in the last few days as he and several other Campagnolo riders use 80th anniversary kit. Velosnooze strike again!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/05/ ... =whats-hot

I had this same road rash to my hands and you do not want to get that.
Took at least a week to do anything especially if your job does not entail using them for jobs like roofing, farming :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

micky

by micky

mentok wrote:disappointed to see hesjedal's giro over, but when you're sick, you're sick. hoping he can recoup and contest the tour or the vuelta (more likely) later in the year.

Actually he said to Rai's journalist that he feels alright, that everything is fine, but the legs don't respond as he would expect; he repeated more than once that he doesn't have any explanation for his poor performance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Guerdi wrote:Anyone knows where Savoldelli is ?

He used to comment on the motorbike on Rai3/RaiSport. I miss his famous "A Voi" :D

He's got fired; Rai got a big cut in the budget compared to previous years, as for example it seems there isn't either Bugno on the elicopter anymore, nor some other guys as well.

But don't worry, he got already a contract with Sky Italia.