"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tillquist

by Tillquist

See all my bike h e r e

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tillquist

by Tillquist

See all my bike h e r e

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

MarkTwain wrote:The example you linked was for a stage race, so no comparison.

The second I have no idea on, but unless it was a one-day race (or at the very least comparable to a National title) see above.

And finally, given the UCI are increasing looking at race-doping (throwing races) why you'd figure two Pros would be that blatent is...staggering.

You said, "In what professional race, or even amauteur racem would someone ever give the race away and go to shake hands before the finish line?"

I gave you two quick examples which I found in less than 5 minutes of searching.

Stage race, one day race... what's the difference? Pros and amateurs make deals on the road all the time. And it's not like the Australian national championship race (or any other national championship) is up for grabs. They aren't always won by the best rider on the day. Sometimes they are won by the designated rider on the strongest team. Deals are made among trade teams to support an individual rider. But that is a different discussion... and not a critique.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/matt-white-gerrans-was-plan-a-for-national-title

hna

by hna

The first doesn't really relate. Voeckler got a GC win by giving up the stage. The second looks like a post-TDF crit where deals are fairly common. Most handshakes are often just a "thanks for the cooperation" anyway. It's usually not anything more than that.

swiftvelo

by swiftvelo

DartanianX wrote:And a custom spacer too!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

They are not custom Specialized has them in the service dept. I've got one. They come in 35mm ,25mm and stock 15mm.

DanW

by DanW

Giant seem to produce some of the most "pro" looking bikes out there in the peloton. I really like the build in a no nonsense, practical, functional kind of way. Sure the jersey isn't quite the same standard but I can see every MAMIL going in to the LBS to buy a Giant coming out with a matching kit as it as offensive on the eyes like some pro team kits

KB

by KB

xnavalav8r wrote:I assume that clip is after the finish. Otherwise it looks like Evans gifted the win. I didn't see the race, so I don't know where/when that took place.

99 times out of a 100, Gerrans would beat Cuddles in a sprint. As for gifting him the race, don't think so. Many riders after a long breakaway shake hands before the sprint. It's been happening since all the years I've been watching ( since the 60's).

Tillquist

by Tillquist

See all my bike h e r e

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Nice to see some colour on the saxo kit!

KWalker

by KWalker

What saddle is on the IAM bike?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

carbon2329

by carbon2329

If Sky has success with Stages (ie we don't see guys switching to SRM etc... during the season) then it is HUGE for Stages and "the cheaper power meter market"...HUGE.

Because everyone will say "who knows how accurate it is" or "it only measures one side" (which many do too).

And all they have to say is "Sky is using it". (a very successful well funded team)

I guess what I am saying is, "it is a big success for "the cheaper PM""...which is good.

(I don't have a PM, BTW :D )
Last edited by carbon2329 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djconnel

by djconnel

Cavendish fat? Cycling clothes are distortionary:

euan

by euan

Especially modern tighter styles

djconnel

by djconnel

carbon2329 wrote:Because everyone will say "who knows how accurate it is" or "it only measures one side" (which many do too).
And all they have to say is "Sky is using it". (a very successful well funded team)

The ratio of group 2 to group 1 is likely in excess of 10:1.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com