"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Peter!!!

Saw stage 7 of ToC start right next to my house, ride past my alma mater and saw my favorite rider take the win in an exciting finish. Not a bad day... :up:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Less aero and heavier. No thanks.

They will become the standard though. Industry wants to sell you a new product and apparently the Freds want to purchase it.

Nice to see Thor in the mix. Too bad Phinney couldn't pull for a little longer. Not that I think it would have changed the outcome.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

lippythelion

by lippythelion

Evans looks like he can benefit from all his rivals lack of form. The final week's going to be a bezzler.

xena
Banned

by xena

lippythelion wrote:Evans looks like he can benefit from all his rivals lack of form. The final week's going to be a bezzler.

If Evans was at the peak of his powers then he would cruise this. Evans could climb as good as anyone when on top form. His tour winning year is testimony to that. Evans also has not shown top form for a few years. You don't know what sort of form anyone is in. Because Evans wins the other riders must be in bad shape. Evans had the speed to get to the climb ahead of all his rivals when they went down in the crash. Give him some respect.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

KWalker

by KWalker

jmilliron wrote:Less aero and heavier. No thanks.

They will become the standard though. Industry wants to sell you a new product and apparently the Freds want to purchase it.

Nice to see Thor in the mix. Too bad Phinney couldn't pull for a little longer. Not that I think it would have changed the outcome.

Quite a few pros I know train exclusively on disc cross bikes during the Fall/Winter. It ain't just the Freds. They are too busy buying Air Attacks and Stages.

Regarding Cadel if you look at the GC all it will take is 1 somewhat bad day for him in the mountains to be out of the top 5. Quintana sitting at less than two minutes with the biggest climbing stages coming up has got to make him nervous.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

So ATOC was fun today...

irongatsby

by irongatsby

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bombertodd

by bombertodd

I feel bad for Eloy Teruel. At least the peloton didn't steam roll him into the ground.

What shoes is he wearing?

djconnel

by djconnel

It's a bit ironic to use carbon rims because they're lighter, then to go to disks which require a beefier (+ stiffer, less comfortable) fork, a heavier frame, added braking hardware, and cross-spoking on the front wheel to restore braking power.

With my Zero Gravity brakes, yellow swiss-stop pads, and old Reynolds MT30 rims, braking really is substantially less good than with metal rims. But new rims are better, right?

I am reluctant to conclude change which is motivated by profit is always an "advance".

AndreLM

by AndreLM

Frankly, I don't see a "conspiracy" to sell disk brakes. The demand is definitely there. The industry cannot simply ignore that. With that said, I think rim brakes are good enough in pro racing and for the serious amateur... There will be some good years of development, testing and refinement before disk brakes overcome their shortcomings and replace rim brakes in the peloton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lippythelion

by lippythelion

xena, it makes no difference whether I respect Evans or not. I personally think he's the in-form rider at this point but that could change as the race progresses.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

KWalker wrote:Regarding Cadel if you look at the GC all it will take is 1 somewhat bad day for him in the mountains to be out of the top 5. Quintana sitting at less than two minutes with the biggest climbing stages coming up has got to make him nervous.

Couldn't agree more on that. Or like Vuelta he has a shitty mechanical and it slips away. If he wins though, he can have faith he still has time left to win the Vuelta with his age (look at Horner!) for a full set of GTs

xena
Banned

by xena

lippythelion wrote:xena, it makes no difference whether I respect Evans or not. I personally think he's the in-form rider at this point but that could change as the race progresses.

Let's see how it develops. Cadel is a great rider and looks as good as anyone at this point. None of them look exceptional or seem to be on super form. Lets hope we get some early attacks and it gets exciting for the overall GC. I do hope Cadel hangs on though.
What's you view on Ryder? He just does not look to be dancing on those pedals the way he used to.
:beerchug:
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

ichobi

by ichobi

Cadel's only threat is himself imo. If he can stick with Quintana on high mountains and avoid crashes, victory is in the bag.

pastronef

by pastronef

Caley Fretz @CaleyFretz · 14 mag
"Do you know how hot a disc brake gets under braking? If you crashed on one with your face, your face is going to melt." - @NathanPeterHaas

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com