"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

micky

by micky

Add that it was his first time riding the Giro and that he won the stage the same day that his dad got a surgery.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elviento

by elviento

I was fortunate enough to have joined a TV crew (as a reporter) and asked him about his plans to keep his pink jersey and he said he just wanted to dedicate his victory to his team and seemed not too concerned about retaining it for very long, but will just keep riding hard every day.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

Liggero

by Liggero

stella-azzurra wrote:
Liggero wrote:I´ve tried laced shoes, and they were far far more comfortable, as they distribute the tension and there are never hot spots, once you get the proper tension. Only problem is that you can not re adjust them while riding, but apart from that I can understang why wiggins is on laces...

Wiggins wants to be 'different'.

Getting hot spots is a different physical issue. I am sure one gets hot spots with and without laces.

If laces were that good every one in the peleton would wear them.

Sure, and speedplay pedals, lightweight wheels and shimano and cervelo frames. Everyone in the peloton, sure...
Happy Trails !!!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Wiggins has stuck with Bont since his track only days much of which has transferred to the road.
A lot of the track cycling shoes are lace-ups.
Some cyclist stick with what works for them, seat, shoes, pedals etc.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Mario Jr. wrote:Because when he loses it, he will lose it by minutes. So what's a few seconds when you have just won the biggest victory in your career? And in your home country.

Precisely!

Liggero

by Liggero

stella-azzurra wrote:Wiggins has stuck with Bont since his track only days much of which has transferred to the road.
A lot of the track cycling shoes are lace-ups.
Some cyclist stick with what works for them, seat, shoes, pedals etc.

I think bonts are just better in power transfer and stack height and they offer full custom fit and 4 bolt pattern for speedplay AND laces. So, yes, he use them because he had them already in track races, but the reason is because they are better, not because he used them before, otherwise he would have changed. Also, he had no osymmetric in track bikes cause it's not possible in fixed gear bikes, but he uses them now cause, they are better...

About velcro invention, well, I would bet my life that it was developed much much earlier, and then some "smart" ass from united states copied it and patented it, just like Mike Synard copied and patented mountain bikes from Tom Ritchey, Elvis Presley copied and copyrighted all his songs and Buckmisnter Fuller did exactly the same from a german guy. It's the american "creativity" and patent. Like apple copied Dieter Rams and swiss clocks.
Happy Trails !!!

anicomp568

by anicomp568

What do you think about Hesjedal´s attacks on the final climb and descent? Seemed like an unnecessary waste of energy to me. Maybe over-motivated?
Shut Up Legs! (Jens Voigt)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I liked it, personally. It showed he has teeth since most places I've read are counting him out as a contender.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

wojchiech

by wojchiech

He should have went with Paolini. :smartass:

pastronef

by pastronef

gone

it looks like Gilbert likes his assos bib shorts again

https://twitter.com/eugenelaverty/statu ... 72/photo/1

Liggero

by Liggero

Hesjedal was the strongest in one of the latest spring classics, he sure can climb extremely well. I think he is perhaps the biggest real favourite, Wiggo is so so, but he has THE team and he is the best in TT by far. But hesjedal is also good in TT and as bad as wiggo in uphill, or a bit better than wiggo... Nibali is a fake favourite, he has been favorite for too many times without success, just like phinney.
Happy Trails !!!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Liggero wrote:Hesjedal was the strongest in one of the latest spring classics, he sure can climb extremely well. I think he is perhaps the biggest real favourite, Wiggo is so so, but he has THE team and he is the best in TT by far. But hesjedal is also good in TT and as bad as wiggo in uphill, or a bit better than wiggo... Nibali is a fake favourite, he has been favorite for too many times without success, just like phinney.

Fake favourite? What on earth are you smoking? Nibali finished 19th at 22 in the 2007 Giro, progressing to the podium on his last two attempts. How is not a legitimate favourite? And to compare him to Phinney is absurd. They are very different riders, not to mention Phinney is still only 22.

russianbear

by russianbear

pastronef wrote:gone

https://twitter.com/eugenelaverty/statu ... 72/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No helmet?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

russianbear wrote:
pastronef wrote:gone

https://twitter.com/eugenelaverty/statu ... 72/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No helmet?

FFS!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ghost234

by Ghost234

Hesjedal knows that if he simply sits in, he is going to lose the Giro. Especially after yesterday's TTT. He needs to attack, the route was a little sketchy on the downhill, and he is a VERY good descender. He must have hoped to get a gap and hopefully get some time on Wiggins.

The move may have failed, but if you don't try, you will never succeed.