"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

djm

by djm

wassertreter: Don't know what he was up to, but pulling off attacks like that would quite easily cost him a victory. Whatever his tactics were, stage victory didn't seem like his objective? Even worse than what Nibali was up to on the Angliru in last year's Vuelta, when the Geriatric Burgermuncher out-dieseled him.

To me it looked like Schleck was practicing looking back.. he couldn't get more than a meter or two before stopping and turning his head back to see what was happening. Very half assed.

IMO disappointing because he looked really fresh, how else could he be able to attack like that, over and over?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

efeballi

by efeballi

@pastronef, Zipps weren't very wide back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHUT UP LEGS
2015 Giant Propel Advanced
2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo
2013 KTM Strada mod. (totaled)
2011 Pinarello Dogma 60.1(loaner)
2011 Scott SUB 45(sold)

Politecnico di Milano Ingegneria Meccanica

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

The Secret Pro is definitely on Giant-Shimano (or was at least on Argos last year).

Kittel told the story with the police officer in an interview with german Tour magazine a couple of months ago (except the actual reason for being dropped...).
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

KWalker

by KWalker

Its David Tanner, people in the comments sections provided some ample evidence for that and then the mods deleted the posts last year.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Maybe he was just going for a segment KOM

deltree

by deltree

KWalker wrote:Its David Tanner, people in the comments sections provided some ample evidence for that and then the mods deleted the posts last year.

But TSP wrote that he was at the TdF and was glad he wasn't doing the Vuelta. Tanner did the opposite.

54x11

by 54x11

KWalker wrote:Its David Tanner, people in the comments sections provided some ample evidence for that and then the mods deleted the posts last year.

It's not David Tanner, if you want to work out who it is re-read the first three or four blog posts by the secret pro. After that there was a lack of detail and red herrings thrown in. In the first three posts nearly everything was accurate.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Misdirection, red-herrings, deleting of comments... It's almost as if they were trying to keep it a secret or something.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I would really rather not have bored readers ruin the column by exposing him; why the heck do you want to find out his identity, compared to hearing about the juicy stuff inside the pro peloton? If you are really curious, just make a guess on your own and congratulate yourself without bragging about it online.

davidalone

by davidalone

MTN to ride the vuelta

KWalker

by KWalker

Kayrehn wrote:I would really rather not have bored readers ruin the column by exposing him; why the heck do you want to find out his identity, compared to hearing about the juicy stuff inside the pro peloton? If you are really curious, just make a guess on your own and congratulate yourself without bragging about it online.

Nothing he has said is really new knowledge. I guess the allure is thinking he is a pro, but it could be made up.

To those who do not think it is Tanner who do you think it is?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Doesn't matter, it's still entertaining, and I haven't seen a column like that elsewhere. Point is, if you're not entertained by it, leave it for us to enjoy...

carbon2329

by carbon2329

If it really is an actual pro., and since it is WW etc...

Lets talk about his thoughts on Lightweight wheels.

I guess it is nothing new, but it is interesting that if he is a pro, that he (an maybe a lot of pro's) esteems Lightweights that much higher above all else.

The fact that cornering and weight is the main reasons, if a lot of pro feel this way, then they do care about weight more than aero. (this is an assumption partly because he mentions wide rims etc...which are supposed to be "aero")

It has me thinking about a set.

:noidea: interesting (since this is WW) :D

petepeterson

by petepeterson

10 years ago Lightweights were perhaps the standard in pretty much every column. Now other wheels have caught up and perhaps surpassed in some respects. What hasn't changed is the stiffness and perceived power transfer that characterises their ride feel. They also still look badass (IMO) which people love to not admit in fear of vanity.

The other thing to consider as always is that some pro's are super knowledgeable with tech/equipment, others are not. Not saying the SP isn't tech savvy, just pointing out that his is one opinion.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

There was a great piece from someone at zipp where they had pros try a whole host of different combos of wheels and try and tell them which 'felt' fastest vs the data collected. All of them didn't pick the wheels which actually got the best time.

I'll have to dig up the link, but what feels fast, often isn't. For example, the current tire pressure re-think.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com