"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

kbbpll wrote:Cycling News reader poll 2013:
https://www.futurecompetitions.com/readerpoll2013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Choices seem pretty lame to me! Probably just a marketing ploy anyway; I'm not advocating giving them your info...
Well, if I entered, this would be my answer to "In 25 words or less what was your highlight of the 2013 professional cycling season?"

Answer: Chris Horner winning the Vuelta A España at 41, and not testing positive for dope yet.

And I have 9 words to spare!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euan

by euan

Tinea Pedis wrote:It happens. Especially when (as mentioned) you have the amount of 7800 arms in the world that Shimano would.

I'm surprised the Crank Bros spindle didn't break before the arm

KH

by KH

Re: the broken 7800 cranks.

I have broken two of these myself. One went on the non drive side at the pedal spindle, the other went halfway up the crank arm on the drive side.

I have also snapped a Truavativ crank and an FSA crank.

For the record I weigh 65 - 68 kg and have a smooth pedal stroke! I do ride a lot and with a high cadence.

I have only hit the deck on once out of the four occasions but it is scary and it does play on my mind.

Any thoughts on what might be happening and how to prevent would be appreciated.

I know two other people who have broken Shimano hollowtech crank arms, one 7800 and one Ultegra.

Thanks.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I know exactly how to prevent it.

Answer: Don't buy Shimano 7800 or those other cranks for that matter.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

paddyrider

by paddyrider

Re Caleb Ewan:
micky wrote:Around 1-2 months ago he won a race in Italy with a very difficult route; I think he might be more of a pure sprinter.

Micky, Think you mean "more THAN a pure sprinter". I know genetics is the main factor but it is quite hilly where Caleb grew up so he is used to steep climbs. What he did in Florence at the world champs shows he might be good for more than just flat bunch sprints. Very exciting rider to watch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pastronef

by pastronef

Lemond changing a tubular during Tour 1990? :shock:

https://twitter.com/LeMondBikes/status/ ... 92/photo/1

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I think I read years ago that this is a flat he got on a training reconnaissance during a 1990 TDF stage…I don't think it's actually Lemond (assistant) doing these tweets or postings on Facebook...

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Well there is a race number on the bike, number 1 for that matter, and he looks like he's in the middle, sweaty as hell

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Yes he was in the middle of a stage and the car wasn't going to get there so he started to change it but did not have to eventually since he got a new wheel.

And it's Chiappucci not Cappuccino! :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Razor

by Razor

stella-azzurra wrote:Yes he was in the middle of a stage and the car wasn't going to get there so he started to change it but did not have to eventually since he got a new wheel.

I remember watching that race. Chiappucci was a relative unknown at the time, in an interview LeMond was asked how he would take back time from Chiappucci, he called him "Cap-a-chee" :lol: Eventually he got his name right.

pastronef

by pastronef

Cannondale becomes the owner of the team, ends talks with Tinkoff. Sagan to stay

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cannond ... th-tinkoff

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

pastronef wrote:Cannondale becomes the owner of the team, ends talks with Tinkoff. Sagan to stay

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cannond ... th-tinkoff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably for the best. Cannondale probably realised that getting in to bed with Tiknkoff brings with it a myriad of other issues, mostly his erratic rantings and stupid comments which do more to create tension with in a team than anything else.
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

dereksmalls wrote:Well there is a race number on the bike, number 1 for that matter, and he looks like he's in the middle, sweaty as hell

It was a rear puncture and not the front on that day, he ended up changing the bike after that too...

ultyguy

by ultyguy

So the Big Mig gets celebrated with a honorary Tour stage...yeah, right. Guess the 90s are cool again (see Pantani Giro).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

stella-azzurra wrote:Yes he was in the middle of a stage and the car wasn't going to get there so he started to change it but did not have to eventually since he got a new wheel.

Wrong!
It is taken from the rest day. He suffered a rear puncture on the Col de Marie Blanque, resulting in Legeay pulling Duclos-Lassalle & Kvålsvoll over to wait for LeMond.