"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

How many pairs of these shoes will he need a season? One crash or crushed in a suitcase and they be done! :lol:

Rob81 wrote:great victory!
about his shoes and cleat position:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

jt2gt

by jt2gt

As Spike Lee said to Jordan in those famous commercials -- "gotta be the shoes."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Cleat breaks during a race: "where's my shoe!!!!"
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Congrats to our very own WW zakeen on winning today's Giro. What a fine effort and well deserved!

DanW

by DanW

Is it me or does Wiggins just not look that interested in racing this year? I certainly haven't seen every second of his racing season this year but from what I have seen he does not look to be "on it" like last year. Perhaps he is slipping back in to his old ways a little and is losing interest a tad on the road? I can appreciate this is very harsh for me to type sat on my ass at home while he is still putting the hours in and has had bad luck recently but still I get a feeling of some kind of lack in mental preparation.

Wiggins to throw his toys out of the pram, abandon the Giro and challenge Froome against team orders (with limited success) in the TDF? :)

Liggero

by Liggero

he surely looks like that, but i don't think so. He might be more like a Cadel Evans kind of rider, although cadel himself is much more active now. I think he just didn't want to crash again, specially before the two real stages he will face tomorrow and sunday. I think it was smart not to risk today, TT and mountain stages will decide the final result anyways, let's see!!!
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

stella-azzurra wrote:Cleat breaks during a race: "where's my shoe!!!!"

All riders have a spare pair of shoes in both team cars. He must have a few backup pair of shoes for the giro, and very likely his previous kind of shoes, a sidi's or similar, just in case...
Happy Trails !!!

Miller

by Miller

DanW wrote:Is it me or does Wiggins just not look that interested in racing this year?

I think he is interested in racing, and is very interested in winning the Giro, it's just that the Giro is a more random and uncontrollable beast than the Tour. I feel he's a more brittle rider than the other main contenders and this first week with narrow roads, steep climbs and bad weather plays to his weaknesses, not his strengths.

It all changes tomorrow. Tomorrow he can ride full gas and see how GC shapes up post-TT. If he's in play then the big mountain stages come next and he should do ok there too. Nibali will be wanting continued bad weather to keep disrupting Brad's percentage game.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Liggero wrote:
stella-azzurra wrote:Cleat breaks during a race: "where's my shoe!!!!"

All riders have a spare pair of shoes in both team cars. He must have a few backup pair of shoes for the giro, and very likely his previous kind of shoes, a sidi's or similar, just in case...

Really? do tell :smartass:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Tomorrows forecast for the 34 mile TT in stage 8 is

Showers early then scattered thunderstorms developing later in the day. High 68F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

If it rains Wigo might be in trouble.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

I think zakeen should share his stage win winnings with his real team, i.e., Weight Weenie board members. Perhaps divide the money proportional to number of posts. Based on stage win prize of €11010, that ought to net me about a cool €53, which would about cover the cost of a decent tire.

Liggero

by Liggero

stella-azzurra wrote:Tomorrows forecast for the 34 mile TT in stage 8 is

Showers early then scattered thunderstorms developing later in the day. High 68F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

If it rains Wigo might be in trouble.

It's Bradley Wiggins, not any of the Schlecks brothers. Sure he doesn't descend as good as Contador or others, but I don't think rain will affect him more than others in a TT. He can push more on straight roads and then take it easy while cornering. There are not many descents tomorrow, just a bit at the en d of the stage. And i bet that, in a TT bike, he has better handling than others. My bet is Wiggo will be in pink tomorrow. We'll see.
Happy Trails !!!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

There are a lot of turns in that TT. If it rains he will go slower. No need to chance it.

record

by record

Indeed! He had 103 racing days last season, only Ignatiev had one day more. He truly deserved this win for all the hard work he does. Pity he doesn't use WW anymore.
A light bike does replace good fitness.

eric

by eric

Thanks for the spoiler. Some people record the stages and watch them later.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com