"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Yes, I realize that, I guess just bad consequence, but still, this is not Paris-Roubaix. Movi has been in a few of these incidents (both sides) over the past couple of years.

edit- fwiw, OPQS was already riding at the time, it was Belkin who threw the hammer down on Movi.

djconnel

by djconnel

ultyguy wrote:Yeah, very tricky for the other GC teams. I just think it's f-ing lame UCI point structure that makes people fight for 8th on GC.

I think it's a great fact about cycling that more than one rider has something to fight for. If I was a pro I'd be super-proud to finish 8th: it's better than 11th.

The ASO agrees with the UCI: prize money goes much deeper than 8th, because they acknowledge it's not all-or-nothing.

On the stage today: Cav's a great bike racer, and if that's news to anyone today, I'm amazed. But today's stage does nothing to address whether Kittel or Cav is the better sprinter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Awesome stage today... great to see a flat stage that showcases the technical(positioning)/team side of things in manner other than setting up the bunch sprint.

To me AC always looked more comfortable on the Trek TT bike:

KWalker

by KWalker

Yup and his pads were higher on that Trek
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Valverde apparently had a broken spoke.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Valverde has a broken spoke?
That's a Piti.

Puntastic.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Permon

by Permon

strobbekoen wrote:Valverde apparently had a broken spoke.

How do You know? Broken spoke on a Campa wheel? :unbelievable: Had to be sabotage! :twisted: :mrgreen:
My experience is: riding Campa wheels for more than 10years.....I have never ever touched them, not even trued them. My Hyperons has been serving me for more than 60 000kms without a touch.... and I am a strong guy (height of 186cm and weight from 81-95kilos, depends on season).
But as we know, s..t happens. Bad for Alejandro :?

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Valverdes team could not TTT it? surprised
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

aerozy

by aerozy

Great stage and great move by Contador and Mollema! They initiated the attack if I am not mistaken (based on the cyclingnews live feed). Sort of a repeat of what he did in the Vuelta last year. Like or not Contador is great to watch! He's won me over once again :)

Shame about Valverde. Not that I piti him but more for Rui Costa who was team ordered to come back for him and consequently lost any chance of a top 10. Would have been great for Portuguese cycling which really needed a boost after so many years of "disappointments". Im referring to Jose Azevedo (4th in the tour once) and Sergio Paulinho who as we know were on the same team as you know who (LA!)
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

djconnel

by djconnel

I remember reading the Colombian team, racing in the Tour of Colorado, was using unsponsored Campy wheels because they were the most reliable. That was worth more than sponsorship in my view.

I still prefer "choose your own hub, rim, and spokes", but for branded wheels, Campy's an excellent choice.

Permon wrote:How do You know? Broken spoke on a Campa wheel?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

stella-azzurra wrote:Valverdes team could not TTT it? surprised

Blood thirsty lowlanders on a windy day (OPQS and Belkin) vs Spanish mountain goats...no contest

The best part of all this is that both Belkin and Saxo now have 2 guys each that Sky have to control.....ATTACK!

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

brings me back to when contador blew up the vuelta on the flats, no cross wind there, but that stage was just as exciting!

this guy wins the internet
"Just a second - David Millar comes within meters of claiming the yellow jersey in the second stage of the Tour de France "

"Orica-GreenEdge storm to victory in Stage 4's team time trial, with the team remembering to duck under the new finish gantry"

Street Furniture can be a problem for the pro rider.

DanW

by DanW

Amazing day of racing!

Seeing OPQS and Belkin riding on the front for so long I was thinking this is really playing in to Lotto and Sky's hands to have the work done for them- in the end it is really nice to see the guys putting all the hard work in getting rewarded.

Oh and when did RaboBelkin get so strong?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Since forever?
Windy day = perfect for the BeNeLux & Dutch

Blanco -> Belkin is also super motivated to show their capabilities. They lost one of the longest sponsors in the sport over the off-season, Rabobank, and for a long time were without a sponsor. Belkin came to the rescue for the squad, and the squad wants to show their new sponsor it is worth the investment in their athletes.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I would say that at this point Belkin couldn't be more satisfied with their investment. Lets hope Mollema and Ten Dam can keep it up!

Btw, has anyone been following Oleg Tinkov on twitter? Absolute riot.....better follow than Vaughters imho.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com