"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

AS will no doubt dislocate something between now and then, thus ruling himself out.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

So, is Salbutamol performance enhancing or not? It is for some, not for others?

djm

by djm

xnavalav8r wrote:Interesting that Ulissi pops for an inhaler at Giro but Froome's is OK. I wonder how much salbutamol was flowing through Froom's veins when he got his special TUE. I'm in agreement with those who believe that a rider who needs this stuff to compete through illness is too ill to compete.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/06/news/lampre-ulissi-tested-positive-banned-substance-giro_333381

Hard to tell, but the TUE was for Prednisolone and not Salbutamol, as a TUE hasn't been required for the latter since 2011, see above postings. Quite a few are likely to be using Salbutamol, as it requires no form of approval except perhaps a note from the doctor to purchase it. The effects are questionable unless you really have asthma. However, dopers are ahead of the curve and maybe there is an unknow effect of the drug, perhaps as some form of masking agent. >1000ng/ml or whatever is an aweful lot of puffs.

G60

by G60

Albuterol (Salbutamol) is also available as oral tablets or syrup.

Interesting reference, or maybe not, as I do not pretend to be a doctor or pharmacist:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22081503
"Salbutamol concentrations following inhalation were commonly (99%) below 1000 ng/ml whereas values after oral administration frequently (48%) exceeded this threshold."

KWalker

by KWalker

I can't find the post, but Hamish Ferguson posted on FB last night that in studies salbutamol has not been found to be performance enhancing in both asthmatic and non-asthmatic athletes.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

ichobi

by ichobi

The same substance that got Petacchi banned. I think it was a bit over allowed dosage on that case too. He didn't get off well.

wingguy

by wingguy

Illuminate wrote:2nd problem: graph on left presents super six evo black whole bike weight data. Frame weight graph on right, however, quotes super six evo high mod frame weight rather than the black's ballistec weight of 655g (ref: http://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/cannondal ... -3920.html)

I believe the bigger problem there is the presence of the word 'claimed' :P

That said, regardless of what the 'Dale or Trek actually end up weighing I'd love to see the build list and price on the 4.6kg Emondo - I've had my hands on the Evo Back and it is not cheap!

petepeterson

by petepeterson

It seems crazy that Gesink is back full gas racing 6 weeks after heart surgery but what do I know. Any GP's or heart surgeon weenies that can comment?

lippythelion

by lippythelion

Wiggins has confirmed that he won't be riding the Tour de France this year. Froome & Brailsford are going to cop some abuse in Leeds next Saturday.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

KWalker wrote:I can't find the post, but Hamish Ferguson posted on FB last night that in studies salbutamol has not been found to be performance enhancing in both asthmatic and non-asthmatic athletes.

Yeah I need to hunt down the link but there's been a pretty good study done one this. Basically it helps at rest for people with athsma but goes nothing for people with or without athsma during intense exercise.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

lippythelion wrote:Wiggins has confirmed that he won't be riding the Tour de France this year. Froome & Brailsford are going to cop some abuse in Leeds next Saturday.

The Wiggo fb campaign needs to start printing some Wiggo masks to be handed out at the start!

AGW

by AGW

petepeterson wrote:It seems crazy that Gesink is back full gas racing 6 weeks after heart surgery but what do I know. Any GP's or heart surgeon weenies that can comment?

He was diagnosed with an unspecified arrhythmia, so I'm guessing it wasn't necessarily surgery involving a cracked-open chest. If he had an ablation or something he could easily be back riding.

noarlastar

by noarlastar

petepeterson wrote:It seems crazy that Gesink is back full gas racing 6 weeks after heart surgery but what do I know. Any GP's or heart surgeon weenies that can comment?

I had minor heart surgery due to arythmia (tachycardia). It's not "mechanical" just an "électric" surgery. One week later I was on trainer to make à conconi test!

Gesink, can race. In his case: surgery works, he's ok. doesn't work, he's like before surgery with same arythmia or with pace maker...

Look at Nicolas Portal, surgery didn't worked, he's now DS for team Sky.

hasbeen

by hasbeen

was it maybe Xenon inhalation?
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

petepeterson

by petepeterson

This is great. I hope there are loads of hooligans out heckling Brailsford and Froome in Leeds.

http://instagram.com/p/puZhHMzL0t/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com