"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stuka666

by stuka666

Read it all, and the last phrase also caught my eye.

petal666

by petal666

I've had 3 out of competition tests in Australia.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef

Joe Dombrowski is incredibly thin, look at those legs http://www.teamsky.com/gallery/0,27401, ... l#photo=10

stuka666

by stuka666

Henao not going to the tour, broke his kneecap at TdSuisse so it seems..

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

pastronef wrote:Joe Dombrowski is incredibly thin, look at those legs http://www.teamsky.com/gallery/0,27401, ... l#photo=10

That's like Wiggins TDF Victory thin!
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

hna

by hna

Dombrowski is thinner

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Dombrowski is less of a diva too...

KWalker

by KWalker

Sorry, but I don't get how Wiggins is a diva? When he thought of defending his Tour title people accused him of being such, but not Froome when he announced intent to do the same this year. From the few British friends I have I've been told that Wiggins is well liked by the public and people tend not to care for Froome. He's got more olympic medals to his name than any current cyclist and he has done impressively well in a wide range of disciplines. He does terrible with the media, but that would be do more to not being able to handle stress than being a diva.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

I've never thought of Wiggo as a diva....maybe cos he's not ultra animated people assume the worst.
Cadel would appear to be the biggest diva going, and I've also heard similar of Bouhanni and even Gadret in the past ..

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

wingguy

by wingguy

Willier wrote:big moment for Sagan :shock: :shock:

http://youtu.be/UaahZTZ8WHE?t=3m33s

Why's the commentator babbling on about fining riders for using the pseudo-TT position because kids might emulate it and it's not safe? Descending and cornering at the speeds pro riders do is not safe and they often crash, but it's part of racing. Riding in a peleton of 200 people is not safe and they often crash, but it's part of racing. When has a pro out front with his arms on the bars caused an accident?

martinko

by martinko

It is just "don't do it at home" warning. Novice riders see pros doing it and try it, but they lack enough skills for that and bang...

mjduct

by mjduct

does that mean I shouldn't try to jump my roadbike over a car like Sagan did on youtube several months back?

Cause you know everything I see on the TV/internets is true and I must try it...

ph

by ph

Noticed Tony Martin using the new style Spec S-Works TT helmet at the TdS as he seems to often use the custom older gen helmet i.e. TT Worlds 2013. Perhaps the newest iteration of the S-Works helmet works for him.

Actually, what was even more interesting was Tony Martin's performance on Verbier yesterday. Not sure he can repeat 6W/kg climbing again today with multiple big climbs (I think).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

mjduct, truth is a lot of youngsters will try these dangerous downhill maneuvers no matter the safety, and they will be inspired by these pros. Fining seems like a bad approach. I'm open to looking at it from a darwinian perspective as long as they don't drag down others with them.