"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Another year. Another f-up with the Pro Challenge TV coverage. :roll:

Big effort by Jensie. :thumbup:
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

"TV nation" and what a f*ck-up... :/

kbbpll

by kbbpll

I'm curious what was messed up about the TV coverage? Watched it here in CO and didn't see anything too unusual for cycling coverage, but I missed 40 minutes in the middle. We're only getting the last 2 hours live here.
Jens taking KOM at Rabbit Ears made me smile. Pretty badass for 41.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

ultyguy wrote:Remember, Sagan is A#1 Cannondale boy now and ToC and Colorado are the biggest races in the home country of his sponsor.

Cannondale is Canadian. :thumbup:
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

:lol:

If we consider a change of citizenship, yes: Cannondale is Canadian (owned by Dorel, Canadian company)
But they probably carry a dual citizenship: born in the state of Connecticut, USA.

By the way, I remember the days surrounding Dorel buying Cannondale and nearly-everyone having a sh*t-storm of handwringing, going on and on about how Dorel's purchase would be the demise of their beloved Cannondale, and so on...
Look where we are now.

Maybe the experienced changed the way people perceive brand acquisitions by larger conglomerates/corporations?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

elSid

by elSid

Cannondale Bicycle Corporation
"The Cannondale Bicycle Corporation, is an American division of Canadian conglomerate Dorel Industries that supplies bicycles. It is headquartered in Bethel, Connecticut with manufacturing and assembly facilities in China and Taichung, Taiwan." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannondale_Bicycle_Corporation

Cannondale Pro Cycling

Cannondale Pro Cycling Team (UCI Team Code: CAN) is an Italian professional road bicycle racing team in the UCI ProTour. The current title sponsor, Cannondale, is an American bicycle manufacturing company, whose sponsorship has led to a small American ridership on the team. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannondale_Bicycle_Corporation

edit: someone beat me to it.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

petepeterson wrote:Froome just took 3 weeks off and probably ate something

ave wrote:I was wondering if Wiggins had enough of that must-be-very-crazy diet he was on.

I'm pretty sure they are eating more than you think, and certainly more than an average "office working" person. There is no way to sustain a cycling pro life with all the training otherwise.

elviento

by elviento

According to the Argos team doctor, during a grand tour, a pro needs 3000-6000 of calories for the racing part of each day, plus a resting consumption of around 2000 calories, which give you a total of 5000-8000. Yes they eat a lot. Making sure one's stomach can handle the amount of food is a daily battle for the pros.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

ichobi

by ichobi

Probably off topic, but this thing looks amazing. 2014 TM01

KWalker

by KWalker

Ughh, Lachlan Morton is like a Brooklyn hipster circa 2007-2008, but really fast: http://www.manualforspeed.com/diary/
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

petelars

by petelars

+1 ichobi.

I L-O-V-E the "Time Machine" name. Giggled like a schoolgirl when I first saw it.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

KWalker wrote:Ughh, Lachlan Morton is like a Brooklyn hipster circa 2007-2008, but really fast: http://www.manualforspeed.com/diary/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

amusingly I won that same t-shirt as an mvp prize at a ultimate frisbee tournament in....2008.

I've never worn it.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I do know how much fuel is required to train or race at that level. I was referring to the fact that he probably 'let himself go' a bit and put on a kilo or two post tour. Mid-career weight management for already very 'fit' people and what many outside the sport would consider eating disorders have been well documented in cycling. Sky most recently and self admittedly with Wiggins and Kenaugh. Froome looks much leaner the last few years. That sort of physical transformation doesn't come mid career without obsessively disciplined diet. It adds to the cumulative mental strain on the athlete which is what ave was referring to and naturally you would relax it after the tour.

http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=9639

GT56

by GT56

KWalker wrote:Ughh, Lachlan Morton is like a Brooklyn hipster circa 2007-2008, but really fast: http://www.manualforspeed.com/diary/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the shirt and the shorts are one thing, but the moustache !!!

cycle racing and facial hair, only urs freuler has been able to elegantly combine these (and this to the chagrin of a certain peter post)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

While it takes work I've yet to read of anything that is unhealthy about the practices that Sky promotes. If anything they have much more supervision and nutritional knowledge behind their weight loss strategy than riders of old.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike