"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

manne

by manne

Sorry I had to..

This is our (Scandinavian) way of doing it :mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/SvxerTuz9Jg

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

You would think that if you were to pick another brand's bike to try and subtly pass off as your own, not sure I would pick a Slice :lol:

Otherwise, damn fast bike! I liked riding one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

Not quite:

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Was just about to say the seatpost on the Lapierre isn't nearly hideous enough to be a Slice disguised.
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Compare again dj.

Your pic, not a Slice.

The one above is. Brakes, seat post position (not the post itself), chain stay. Come on :lol:

tobyinsydney
in the industry

by tobyinsydney

I dare someone to take on Tinea Pedis about Cannondale Slice details... ;)

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Anyone downloaded this free mag from Gerard Vroomen to their iPad? https://itunes.apple.com/app/2r/id601759334?mt=8

I don't have an iPad but would love to read the Kimmage interview with Greg LeMond in it and the Cavendish piece

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Tiena, I have to disagree. I really don't think it is a Slice, but I do agree something fishy is going on here making it not a stock Lapierre.

Check out the down tube-seat tube junction, more like the Lapierre.

Fork/hidden brake, definitely not the stock Lapierre but not the Cannondale either. There is no external connection between the two to make the leading edge of the head tube.

Seatstay/seat tube junction and rear wheel cuttout, leaning more toward the stock Lapierre on this one.

Also the top tube seems somewhat sloping? Maybe an optical illusion?

Seatpost, seems like whole new design. I don't think they would go through that much trouble/modifications just to make a Slice look like a Lapierre Aerostorm or whatever it is called.

My only logical conclusion? New frame design for Lapierre.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I have a Slice in front of me; spent the last month riding and writing about it.

The seat tube has a removable expander insert, so you could run a post (like in the pic) easily enough.

The fork is different, in that there is not fairing in front of the head tube. But otherwise the same, including the integrated front end and stem and hidden v-brakes.

It's also a smaller frame than the Slice I have (and the pic), which I think in part account for the top tube slope (?).

V-brakes around BB.

Flared rear stays (you can see the same 'ledge' the both form at the seat tube junction).

Welcome to disagree. But it's a Slice with a few mod's for mine.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

... and the junction between seattube and top tube? TP? Looks awful more LaPierre-like than Cannondale.

... and the junction of downtube and seattube? What about that, dear friend? :) It's an awful more LaPierre-like than Cannondale.

... and, while we're at it, the most obvious: look at the junction of Heattube/Downtube/TopTube. On the LaPierre it is "V" like. On the Cannondale it is U shaped, possible more 'paneled'. The pictured TT bike from FDJ is, yes, V shaped.

The top tube is not sloping, btw, the photo is angled. Corrected, the top tube is parallel with the ground.
Both the Aerostorm and Slice have flared seatstays. Just like BMC. Just like (name a brand here). I had no idea that Cannondale patented that idea.

It might just be a 2013 Aerostorm. Is that too hard to imagine?

BTW - most TT frames are beginning to look like each other, no? This has been the case for quiet some time now.
Is there a bias among folks favoring 'major' brands? Sometimes people state things as if the major brands the be-all-and-end-all of innovation and everyone else just copies... which is definitely not the case and certainly not a belief with any absolute credibility.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

crohnsy

by crohnsy

dereksmalls wrote:Anyone downloaded this free mag from Gerard Vroomen to their iPad? https://itunes.apple.com/app/2r/id601759334?mt=8

I don't have an iPad but would love to read the Kimmage interview with Greg LeMond in it and the Cavendish piece

Cheers here's the link... 44 pages in 44 images http://db.tt/0aOnFAt3

The Cavendish interview is a video file so no go on that one.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

prend

Tinea Pedis wrote:But it's a Slice with a few mod's for mine.

which is to say; same mould/design template, few mods. Even the top tube is the same - flattened.

I don't think all TT bikes are starting to look the same either. In fact, I'd say the 'v' behind the seatpost was solely Cannondale's (until now). But then, I spend a lot of time now looking at TT rigs.

Happy for people to disagree, just no need to be snide.

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Don't think it's a Slice, but a new Lapierre. The chainstays are not Slice, seatpost wider than Slice, fork different, seattube etc. Also the current Lapierre is not that new, and in any case older than the Slice. Also, it shared it's design with the Koga TT frame, so maybe the companies have decided to have their own unique designs?

hansonator69

by hansonator69

To back up Mario Jr's reply...
This photo was taken on November 5, 2010

Koga and Lapierre are owned by Accell Group. This explains the similar if not the same design for the Koga TT and Lapierre Aero Storm
Slam your stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Cheers crohnsy! :beerchug: