"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

djm

by djm

Maybe the GB cycling weatherman has forecast rain.. Remember last year, when none of them finished? Better just send Stannard.

Willier

by Willier

Stannard is injured

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Donkey

by Donkey

tymon_tm wrote:Wiggins excluded from the WC road race? phew, it's gonna be easier for Kwiatkowski :mrgreen:

Seems like Wiggo is being repeatedly punished. And that's before he's even on a bike.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

shoopdawoop wrote:Anyone else getting excited for the worlds
[...]
Anyone else have any picks for the win?

Gerrans seemed to be in shape in Canada. And he showed at Liège-Bastogne-Liège that he can cope with lots of vertical gain in a hard long race. Rui Costa was going strong also.
But I would love to see Joaquim Rodríguez pull one out of the hat. So close last year. Cancellara wants to round off his palmares with stripes also, but looks like the course will not suit really.

efeballi

by efeballi

Cancellara's been flying under the radar since spring, maybe he's been preparing for the Worlds?
J-Rod's success depends on how he came out of Vuelta. He may be fatigued, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHUT UP LEGS
2015 Giant Propel Advanced
2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo
2013 KTM Strada mod. (totaled)
2011 Pinarello Dogma 60.1(loaner)
2011 Scott SUB 45(sold)

Politecnico di Milano Ingegneria Meccanica

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I don't think it's a case of Wiggins being excluded from the line up for the RR, more that he is focusing on the TT plus the TTT - I would say as practice for the the ITT. Wouldn't surprise me if he actually asked not be in the RR team

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Worlds and Lombardia are two of my favorite races of the year!

I guess GB are nicer than Vaughters giving Millar his farewell race after a year similar to Lachlan's.

The hour record is an odd one. I just can't get up for it when the standards keep changing and the best riders so rarely do it.

lippythelion

by lippythelion

Haha Millar & any other sweaty that might be selected might not even qualify for GB after Thursday.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Not looking forward to that farce...the 'trade' team time trial at the worlds...

kbbpll

by kbbpll

The hour record indeed is an odd one. Do they count sub 4 minute miles in track only if runners are wearing the same shoes as Bannister on a 1954 track surface? And yet, I am enjoying the (perhaps brief) resurgence of interest sparked by Voigt's attempt. With all the varieties of records and machines over the years, it almost seems like they should measure total Kw instead Or something.

JamieL

by JamieL

With Team GB, my understanding was that they were going to ride for Ben Swift. Not sure if that has changed after looking more closely at the course.

Worlds won't be Millar's last race:

http://road.cc/content/news/130125-davi ... next-month

I hope he finishes his career with me 1-0 up... :-)

Permon

by Permon

Am I idiot or something....? I am not able to find a result of the Jens Voight hour record ride. I thought he attempted yesterday..... am I right?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Nope. Apparently meant to start around 2:00am Aussie Eastern time (not sure what that translates to for you, but is a little over 5 hours from now).

Permon

by Permon

Tinea Pedis wrote:Nope. Apparently meant to start around 2:00am Aussie Eastern time (not sure what that translates to for you, but is a little over 5 hours from now).

Oh, thanks!
There was ALL day dedicated to the Hour record on Eurosport yesterday....so, I thought the attempt was done yesterday:-)

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Apparently Trek will livestream the hour attempt, 1:00pm US Eastern time.
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/hour_record/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com