"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

u can actually* determine that he was +/- 1cm within your height just from a casual run in with him?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Ok, ok, we were making out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

^like

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

ave wrote:Regarding ladies racing after the men.
I can't recall any sort of event where the main event is not the last in the queue...
So ladies finishing later than men is maybe not a best idea.
Also, after the finish it's replays, podium, interviews, etc, so except for their last km, what else would we see?

But maybe it could work.

Perhaps start the women further up the road (since they have a shorter course) 30min before the men start at their starting point.
This will allow for podium time/interviews/photos for the women, give the fans excitement before the men come through, and so on.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

KWalker

by KWalker

I don't trust what any of the mags report for measurements. Its pretty easy to get stuff wrong if you're hasty.

P Gilbz was on a size larger BMC last year, but his position has never looked that great.

The author sounds a complete douchebag.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Hmm... wonder what that's like.

teehee

Kastrup

by Kastrup

Can anyone explain the gloves worn my Wellens in this picture? http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/ ... lle/250351

Also, looking though the rest of the gallery, the team seems to be reconing the couse on normal road tyres. Possibly because they just got in from some time on the road. Suggests to me that the course is pretty dry and not very tacky/muddy/whatever.
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

Probably neoprene, maybe to get the feel of them, maybe to catch the sweat and keep it off the bars? Not sure, but that is what they look like.

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Kastrup wrote:Can anyone explain the gloves worn my Wellens in this picture? http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/ ... lle/250351" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, looking though the rest of the gallery, the team seems to be reconing the couse on normal road tyres. Possibly because they just got in from some time on the road. Suggests to me that the course is pretty dry and not very tacky/muddy/whatever.

what's up with his shifter position?!!!!

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

Set up for cross, lots of guys are running like that this year. Local scene, Adam Myerson is one right off the top of my head.

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

Kastrup

by Kastrup

HUMP DIESEL wrote:Probably neoprene, maybe to get the feel of them, maybe to catch the sweat and keep it off the bars? Not sure, but that is what they look like.

HUMP

A pair of ordinary gloves or even fullfingered would do a better job of cathing sweat wouldn't they? I bet those gloves get quite nasty quite quickly :)
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

KWalker

by KWalker

Imaking20 wrote:

Hmm... wonder what that's like.

teehee

I don't get it do you think you're somehow clever? Or just a really big fan of terrible journalism?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I do think I'm pretty clever - thanks for noticing ;)

My intent was merely to point out the irony as you often come across just as biased and angry as the writer you were commenting on.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

If you are riding in wet conditions neoprene is the best option. The idea is that if it's wet out your hands are going to be wet so why not use technology that ensures they will be warm. No matter what any company says it is a fact that your hands simply are going to be wet if it is raining out. Show me a goretex or similar 'hardshell' cycling glove that actually keeps your hands dry under significant precipitation.... I don't think they exist.

I use these when it's raining out which is all the time these days here in Vancouver. http://castelli-cycling.com/en/products/detail/208/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

HUMP DIESEL wrote:....

Sure, the extreme position looks way cool and the 'SLAMYOURSTEM' kids would worship the ground you roll on. But let's be realistic here – you're not Philippe Gilbert and twice-daily Ashtanga yoga sessions and a closet full of Lululemon probably isn't going to get you there, either. But if you're 1.83m tall with a rockin' Euro fauxhawk and still think you can pull this off, go on and try – we dare you.

Let us know how things went after your resultant chiropractor appointment." [/b]

I'm still enjoying my 12 and 13 cm saddle-hood drops... my physiotherapist told me my hips/pelvis/lower back has a very good range of moment though... 3 years ago I might have had 1-3 cm drop.. :-)