"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ichobi

by ichobi

Mark Cavendish's new book is a joy to read. Well written, fun and informative. Answers a lot of question since HTC's demise up until the end of Tour de France 2013. He has really matured after he's got a kid. Recommended.

53x12

by 53x12

elviento wrote:coz you didn't get the hate memo.

KWalker wrote:Maybe I'm less picky than others but I went back and looked at the bike in question and thought it looked good.

I think it looks good as well. btompkins0112 and PSM are just being salty. #wwjealousy.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I prefer 'cheeky' but 'salty' works well too! The bike looks fantastic, no doubt.....just think it would be ace if the kit matched. If your going to do it, do it right. :noidea:

If somebody posted an intro thread with a bunch of mismatched kit hanging on a gorgeous frame, they would get flamed.....just being consistent :wink:

KWalker

by KWalker

Clearly you do not understand exactly how expensive it is to field a UCI team and how matchy-matchy components is not high on the agenda for many.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

oh that bike wasn't even a UCI team bike or anything. just some picture off the falco website. But yea w-w dudes are nitpicking like dis gurl right here, her elbows too pointy.

that bike has a lot of stuff going for it and it's way better than most matchy matchy 'blacked out' stuff on here.

and to stay on topic.

here's a picture of pantani climbing in drops.

oh and pro-level calfzillas

petepeterson

by petepeterson

What? Was that Ti Falco a Team bike I thought they were all on the carbon frame?

Loving the Ti and yes that is better than looking at it with mad fibers. Metal frames are coming back mark my words.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

No that wasn't a team bike.....KWalker was just taking an opportunity to read too deep into a sarcastic/smarta** post and overreact. Par for the course.

teleguy57

by teleguy57

Would love to get more info on the 7 Eleven sponsored team. My GoogleFu is weak....

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

@teleguy

send a PM to user Makoy, who posts often in the "On the Road Today..." thread.
That 7-11 team is from the Philippines and a similar it has frequented his shots.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Geoff

by Geoff

@Stefanot, still not ok...

53x12

by 53x12

btompkins0112 wrote:I prefer 'cheeky' but 'salty' works well too! The bike looks fantastic, no doubt.....just think it would be ace if the kit matched. If your going to do it, do it right. :noidea:

If somebody posted an intro thread with a bunch of mismatched kit hanging on a gorgeous frame, they would get flamed.....just being consistent :wink:

I know. Was just giving you a hard time. :thumbup:
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

pastronef

by pastronef

https://twitter.com/Wes_Sulzberger/stat ... 25/photo/1

hey Wes those are not team sponsor glasses!
:mrgreen:

oakleys rule

airwise

by airwise

I see Armstrong still seems to think he is in control. Egotistical twunt.

He clearly thinks he's being clever using the media to posture for a deal - attend a T&R commission in exchange for a reduction in his sentence.

I hope the UCI puts him in his place. They will get plenty of information from the hundreds of athletes and team members who will come forward of their free will, without needing to allow the nasty little Texan to wriggle free in any way whatsoever.

A deal now would be to embolden the biggest bully the sport has known in the last 20 years. To refuse one would sentence him to a lifetime regret. So refuse one - unless this is now a vendetta against HV.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I'm not a supporter of Armstrong Airwise but I do not agree with you...whether he was a bully or not, I do not believe he was given equal treatment by USADA with regard to the penalties given to his ex-fellow members...

...but this is the same record playing over again & again...

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Wingnut wrote:I'm not a supporter of Armstrong Airwise but I do not agree with you...whether he was a bully or not, I do not believe he was given equal treatment by USADA with regard to the penalties given to his ex-fellow members...

...but this is the same record playing over again & again...
Sweet Jeezus!!
Armstrong was offered the chance to talk but chose to fight tooth and nail. As such he forwent the chance to serve a short ban and retain a few TdFs.
Diddums.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com