"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

OJ

by OJ

Boonen
Cancellara (order may be reversed)
rest of the race @ next calendar page
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wester-Ross

by Wester-Ross

Cancellara
Boonen
Steve Chainel

paddy

by paddy

sooooo, alessandro ballan? i know they're still investigating, but very disappointing if true.

and if anything is proven against cunego as well, then i'm probably going to stop watching pro cycling altogether. he's been one of the most outspoken anti-doping riders in the peleton in recent times, so to find out he's been lying all along would seriously piss me off.
Bikes:

Look 585 2008, Campag Record 2008, Campag Shamal
Enigma titanium Esprit 2009, Campag Chorus / Record mix 2007, Campag Zonda
Kinesis Alu Racelight T 2009, Campag Centaur 2006, Ambrosio Excellight 28/32 handbuilts

devinci

by devinci

IMO, its was quite obsious...

ANd Cunego, you're totally right, he even sports his little happy face sticker on his arm to protest against cycling doping....
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Snipped the quote. PP

Maverick

by Maverick

It's funny you say that against Ballan, because I heard the opposite, in that he left Lampre because he knew there was stuff going on behind closed doors and didn't want to be a part of it or associated in any way. Obviously he left his decision too late...
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Snipped the quote. PP

Perfition

by Perfition

Cunego has never been on illegal stuff - That's why he almost never wins :D
Speed isn't going to kill you. Suddenly becoming stationairy, that is what's gonna get ya'!

zebragonzo

by zebragonzo

Great headline on the BBC news page:
"Sky star ruled out of Paris race"

They do, of course, mean Paris Roubaix when they refer to this 'Paris race'! :D

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Millar playing at the front of the bunch again and hope to see Hammond in the breakaway group.
Dimples: Laminar flow separates more easily from a surface than turbulent air. Delayed separation reduces drag. A groove perpendicular to the flow triggers laminar to turbulent conversion. A spinning object uses dimples so an edge always faces the flow.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

For Ballan, a little different with this one - no one is accused of using at this point but I wouldn't be surprised. Too bad, might have been able to help George.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

paddy

by paddy

Great headline on the BBC news page:
"Sky star ruled out of Paris race"

They do, of course, mean Paris Roubaix when they refer to this 'Paris race'!

ha! one of my co-workers (who's not into cycling but just sports in general) told me today that LA was doubtful for the tour and i was like wtf? last i heard all he had was stomach flu. makes sense now :lol:
Bikes:

Look 585 2008, Campag Record 2008, Campag Shamal
Enigma titanium Esprit 2009, Campag Chorus / Record mix 2007, Campag Zonda
Kinesis Alu Racelight T 2009, Campag Centaur 2006, Ambrosio Excellight 28/32 handbuilts

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

The investigation sounds interesting enough, as it's stated they're more concerned with those who sold the products as opposed to who took them.

Still and all, if Basso went for 'intention to dope' then whoever took them, regardless of the lack of positive test results, is gone too.

Will be very surprised and disappointed if it is so with Ballan and Cunego.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Ok guys. Please do keep it on topic. No discussion of role models here. Thanks! :mrgreen:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Do we know who BMC's replacement riders are? I'm a little surprised Kroon wasn't in the initial squad.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Roger De Vlaeminck talks about P-R

note: some of flemish expressions translated poorly :lol:

"Rather Cancellara than Boonen" Sporza - 09/04/10 vr 09/04/2010 - 17:33
Roger De Vlaeminck is still the record holder with 4 wins[..] "Behind Cancellara and Boonen it's third category"

Parijs-Roubaix
"I only see 2 possible winners: Cancellara and Boonen. The rest is not 2nd category, but 3rd category [not to be taken literally]. Cancellara and Boonen break away when they want to. In de Ronde Boonen came short. I am not sure how he can make up for that [form] in one week".

Belga "But I hope Boonen has closed the gap [form] , then we will see a nice final. I'd rather see Cancellara win though"

If Tom Boonen wins, his [P-R] tally comes at 4 wins, equaling Roger De Vlaeminck's record.

"I'd rather see Cancellara win, but if Boonen is the best, it's ok for me if he wins. I care about my record, but i am not going to [get ill over it]."

What does Roger De Vlaeminck think of the other favorites?

Filippo Pozzato: "Had diahrea this week. After 220 à 230 km he is finished."

Juan Antonio Flecha: "Why does he let his team work in de Ronde ? He doesn't know himself. Something like this did not happen [in our time], I don't understand it."

Matti Breschel: "Who is he? What has he proved? Won Dwars door Vlaanderen ? That is nothing compared to De Ronde or P-R. He had some bad luck, but I don't pity him, and Cancellara won't either."

Stijn Devolder: "Nice guy - it's ok [i'd like it] if he wins. He can go a long way, but at the end he is probably not strong enough.."

Leif Hoste and Johan Vansummeren: "[It's going to be nothing]"

Thor Hushovd: "If in form he could compete, but I have not seen anything from him this year. He was not good in "De Ronde" either ? It's probably [going to be nothing]."

devinci

by devinci

ROOBAIX GUYS ROOOOOBAIXXXX

may Breschel win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god its exciting, reading live report on CN during work...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Dear me, Boonen appears to cooked his chook. Flecha's finally deciding to work, but I'll be surprised to see Fabu caught.