"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

maquisard

by maquisard

Actually, now you mention it, Horner is interesting in his absence from the report and affidavits.

He was in US conti teams during the bad times and then to Saunier Duval / Lotto. Strange Leipheimer didn't mention him in the context of Saturn though if he he had seen anything. He's also at none of the Ferrari training camps although in fairness these don't cover the period post 2007... then again, everyone stopped doping then, didn't they :thumbup:

One thing I hadn't realised is that he has only placed top ten in the GC in the major tours in the past couple if years, not prior to that. I guess one can draw conclusions both ways on that.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Watching it a few times, yeah quite tough to tell, but the backstory being told maybe hints that it was on purpose, heck who knows....

p.s. and oh, in response to the premise of the movie, no way in hell

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

@kiserkm, we live vicariously through you! Keep it up!

aerozy

by aerozy

Concerning Phinney if this aint performance enhancing I dont know what is:

Image :up:

Now seriously I truly respect him for his stance on taking absolutely nothing! I had never heard of these "finishing bottles" that he mentions. With his genes (both parents Olympic medallists) guess there is no doubt he is a "real" athlete. Perhaps had he raced in the 90's he may have gone unnoticed. He proves he has nothing to hide as he posts most if his races on Strava. Some of these even include power.
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

It seems Levi is the only one (current active rider) who has been sacked because of his reveleations of past doping offenses. Will he be the exception or the rule? And if the exception, is it because he is an American on a Euro team? I find it ironic that his manager is, himself, a confessed doper... who only came forward years after his racing career had ended.

While I am disappointed that Levi doped, I hope his confession does some good and he is able to continue racing somewhere. Although, this would be a second offense for him so I'm not sure he has the longevity to return after the minimum required suspension. I'm not entirely clear on the rules in a case such as this... there have been SOOOOOO many exceptions.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Per p. 4 of Leipheimer's statement accepting his sanction from USADA http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/LL ... nction.pdf , USADA has proposed an amnesty program that would permit qualifying individuals in the sport of cycling who have committed anti-doping rules violations to eliminate or reduce their period of ineligibility below the period of ineligibility to which he has agreed. USADA considers his cooperation sufficient to qualify for amnesty.

53x12

by 53x12

xnavalav8r wrote:It seems Levi is the only one (current active rider) who has been sacked because of his reveleations of past doping offenses. Will he be the exception or the rule? And if the exception, is it because he is an American on a Euro team? I find it ironic that his manager is, himself, a confessed doper... who only came forward years after his racing career had ended.

I agree. It is very ironic. Many exceptions have been made in this case. What is the point of having rules in place if we make exceptions. Hopefully he will serve a lifetime ban for his 2nd offense. Anything less makes a mockery of the system. Same with the other riders, they should all get the minimum 2 year band and not a 6 month ban that takes place over the offseason.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

KB

by KB

I also think they should get a 2 year ban. For me it sends out the wrong message, so I totally disagree with Millar on this one.

artray

by artray

I think we should pretend that nothing has happened and have a nice cup of tea and a biscuit.
Im quite keen on custard creams myself :thumbup:

Actually thinking about it. I would prefer a tunnocks wafer . Thats right :thumbup:

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Cyclingnews and others: I've f*%king had it with articles like this.... are cycling fans seriously that stupid Stuey? Someone should make a list of riders who have been interviewed and say they had no idea and that it was other riders/teams.... I think there would be few left to make up the "most of the peloton" that were charged.

I guess Stuey didn't talk with Bassons in 99?

Ghost234

by Ghost234

KB wrote:I also think they should get a 2 year ban. For me it sends out the wrong message, so I totally disagree with Millar on this one.

In this case, 6 months seems appropriate. By confessing, they not only exposed the USPS doping organization, but also other team doping programs, riders, doctors, managers, etc. It is not like they just admitted it and accepted the punishment. Their testimony has the potential to actually rid the peloton of many of the leaders/pushers that have been pushing these substances onto the riders.

Or, everything could get swept under the rug and we never see any actual change.

maquisard

by maquisard

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Records fall time after time as they climbed the Alpe.
I've watched riders attack furiously into the wind on the slopes of Ventoux.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to move on, time to change.

It's too bad Lance wasn't clean... but then again, who is?

LeePaton

by LeePaton

Lots of people tbf.

artray

by artray

maquisard wrote:I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Records fall time after time as they climbed the Alpe.
I've watched riders attack furiously into the wind on the slopes of Ventoux.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to move on, time to change.

It's too bad Lance wasn't clean... but then again, who is?

Thats made me think . Are they going to pull all the tour dvds or are they going to rename them .
Will they put a little sticker on the front saying "all riders in this dvd production participated using controlled illegal substances under Dr's supervision"

maquisard

by maquisard

They'll just put them alongside Breaking Away as works of fiction rather than sporting events.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com