"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

boysa

by boysa

I want to like Cav, I really do. But it's impossible. He's so ignorant he probably doesn't realize he was insulting hundreds of riders with his comments. He won MSR picking his nose... how about his teammates that carried him over all the climbs? How about all the guys who fight for all the "shit" races? He's just a spoiled brat.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

euan

by euan

I would assume shit = small time races.
And if you ever see Cav post winning a race you'll see the first people who goes to are his teammates.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

devinci

by devinci

Mark Cavendish is still an immature boy even though he sprints fast. Most of the time, he should simply STFU

euan

by euan

Thing is it creates drama. Cavendish vs Hushvod was the most interesting thing about the Tour last year.
Last edited by euan on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bartali

by bartali

Maybe you're following the wrong sport?

The guy is plain ignorant!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

And here come the english to defend him :lol:

Regardless of how ignorant he might be, I still think he's good for the sport. We all know there are worse headlines our sport could have....

Redddraggon

by Redddraggon

He just sounds like a typical scouser (sic), don't know what the issue is?

euan

by euan

Tinea Pedis wrote:And here come the english to defend him :lol:

I'm terribly offended, I'm Scottish.

Redddraggon

by Redddraggon

It's not as though Cav is English anyway, he's from the Isle of Man.

I've always liked Cav, he's not boring.

euan

by euan

He certainly aint boring.

After the blocking incident last year and Cav's mouthing off Hushvod responds by riding in that massive breakaway. That was entertaining. It wouldn't have happened if the previous two incidents didn't happen.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Sorry, I should have said 'British' :P

Totally agree Euan with the point about Thor - turned a very boring start of a race into one where I was transfixed by a sprinter getting KOM points :lol:

In other news, Boasson Hagen out of P-R. Which is a pity. Won't be back racing until the Tour de Picardie, which isn't until mid May.

euan

by euan

Yep, and that story is going to continue into the Tour this year with Cervelo and HTC both going more for the intermediate sprints and trying to take points off each other. Or other sprinters trying to take the intermediates and sneak into the Green. I am quite looking forward to the fight for the Green jersey this year. I don't often say that.

With EBH maybe the goals will change and Sky will put him in the Tour squad and try and get Green that way. Or change priorities for the Vuelta. Afterall every rider gets a GT place.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

The article mentioned getting him prepared for the TdF. Which if he's coming back from injury and possibly doesn't have the results on board makes the team selection interesting....

And I found the green and the infighting at Astana more exciting than the Yellow jersey last year. Think how good the Green will be next year when Greipel is on another team (hopefully Milram will get another sponsor and sign him up) and going head to head with Thor and Cav!

janez

by janez

FARRAR WINS SCHELDEPRIJS

Source and more Cycling news
"Invest in the frame which will last a lifetime, play with the components to keep it fresh and to meet your weight needs." Darren Crisp

devinci

by devinci

guys, anyone agree if we rename cavendish... cavenDOUCHE

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com