"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

DartanianX

by DartanianX

pastronef wrote:Durbridge got a bike from the neutral service, or he's trying something different?

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/20 ... hanges.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thats the GreenEdge mechanic so looks more like he's going from a neutral bike, back onto his team issue scott, plus the position he is in looks more like he's getting off the bike he is on, not getting onto it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

Elrey wrote:Just had a chat with a friend a friend the other day. He was certain that is was completly straight. I beg to differ.
It's pretty hard to see from the geometry pic.
http://www.bmc-racing.com/int-en/bikes/ ... e_di2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Geometry:

I checked and seat length × sin(sta) is very close to stack, so the top is essentially parallel.

Mik

by Mik

pastronef wrote:Durbridge got a bike from the neutral service, or he's trying something different?

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/20 ... hanges.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He got a neutral service bike then was getting a team issue Scott back from the mech to continue the crit.....during the shortened coverage they showed his original bike "less" a rear derailleur on top of the team car.....

hansonator69

by hansonator69

Another photo of the new Lampre Merida aero road bike.

New TT bike too it appears
Slam your stem.

6to

by 6to

they look almost as the same bike don't they?

eurperg

by eurperg

Andrey Kashechkin's 165mm stem, slammed... :shock:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/01/ ... der_272012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hansonator69

by hansonator69

The photo of Kashechkin's stem fills me with joy :up:
Slam your stem.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Custom Rotor?
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Yes. They have one in 170mm they made for him some years ago, displayed in their office. I have a pic of it somewhere.

jipperd

by jipperd

Mario Jr. wrote:Yes. They have one in 170mm they made for him some years ago, displayed in their office. I have a pic of it somewhere.

It must have been this one:

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

I am trying to think of a situation where someone would need a stem that long, and also what that bike handles like given that point of rotation so far out in front of the wheel.

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

euan

by euan

And still need a spacer to raise the stem. Things are getting a little bit crazy

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

HUMP DIESEL wrote:I am trying to think of a situation where someone would need a stem that long, and also what that bike handles like given that point of rotation so far out in front of the wheel.

HUMP

The bike will handle how you want it to handle. You can adapt to how you set your bike up where timing and reaction is up to you to figure out. If the setup was not right for the rider then they would not be able to compete at their level. The rider determines how the bike handles with the given setup not the other way around. If the bike dictates how you handle it then you have the wrong set up.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

KWalker

by KWalker

I think you have one detail backwards there- pros can ride well on almost anything. They aren't racing criteriums and races are rarely won on descents especially if you're a domestique like him
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Got to agree with KW on this one, assuming his saddle position/cleats aren't way off I don't really thing there would any major losses of power with bars way out in space. However, what I'm wondering about is the proportions of this man, either he is very tall and riding a small kids size frame with a huge amount of setback and tons of post showing or he has an amazing disproportionate body structure.
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend