"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

micky

by micky

Matthew Lloyd still got the Lampre bike; any news on where he's gonna race next year?

pastronef

by pastronef

here's Ryder! first picture after the mess with Rasmussen book

https://twitter.com/amantes_cycling/sta ... to/1/large

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Willier

by Willier

KWalker wrote:How does one actually defend themselves in a bio passport case? It would seem that the only way is to hire ridiculously expensive experts to somehow fully explain the anomalies, but I would imagine that that would be prohibitively expensive.

That is what Valjavec did, and he got cleared by Slovenian antidoping agency, but uci appealed and won...IMO he was a neccesary victim to justify biopassport

Willier

by Willier

OPQS 2014 bike

astana

:scared: :sick: :hmm: :frightened:

were S-guys drunk doing this?!?

KWalker

by KWalker

I like both.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

DanW

by DanW

OPQS scheme is nice, but the Astana looks like the type of paint scheme reserved for low end bikes when they've run out of better ideas

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

euan wrote:Its only perceived to be a delay because it was leaked.

When you send a mail out to the media, it hitting social media isn't exactly a leak.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Awesome!

Also is that a "filled in" (non-cutout) toupe in the top pic? Trying to id the saddle...
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

hasbeen

by hasbeen

The Astana scheme looks like Speci trying to out Trek a Trek.
Also, why do the two teams have to have such similar color schemes?
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

wojchiech

by wojchiech

SolidSnake03 wrote:Also is that a "filled in" (non-cutout) toupe in the top pic? Trying to id the saddle...

looks like a prologo, or a san marco aspide

KWalker

by KWalker

its the current model year Toupe.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

petepeterson

by petepeterson

That Jens Voigt interview on cyclingnews was a painful read.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Quite like the Astana scheme.

euan

by euan

Tinea Pedis wrote:
euan wrote:Its only perceived to be a delay because it was leaked.

When you send a mail out to the media, it hitting social media isn't exactly a leak.

True, but a leak is still a leak regardless of who gives out the info. It was still way earlier in this process than we would normal hear about such cases

ultyguy

by ultyguy

petepeterson wrote:That Jens Voigt interview on cyclingnews was a painful read.

For Benson I think....another underwhelming piece from him. He very pathetically tried to back Jens into a corner and ended up backing himself into the same corner.

CN: Okay. What’s the question?

JV: I’m just trying to point to out that it’s easy that we know everything now and why didn’t you do this and that.

CN: You’re right if what you’re saying is that nothing is black and white. I agree on that. I’m not evading the question.

JV: You’re trying to dodge the question.

CN: No. I gave you a straight answer earlier that I don’t work with Murdoch.

JV: As I said I had a good relationship with Bjarne. He respected me and I had a good attitude. I respected him for his point of view in life, how he challenged me to be a better rider and we both worked in a way that made us better. I remember when I had my bad crash in the Tour I needed another surgery and the day before the operation was the day before his wedding. He called me and said don’t worry, have the operation, do you rehab and we’ll have a contract for you next year. You have my word you have a contract. He was good to me.

CN: You’re not the first rider to have good word for Bjarne. A lot of riders would say the same thing, that they have respect for him and that he got the best out of him.

JV: The merger when Johan came. Do you think that someone came and asked me? Do you think someone would come and ask you if you were going to be sold to The Times?

CN: Then I would be working for Murdoch.

JV: [Laughter] Exactly. I’m just a rider and I was 41 at the time. There’s not many teams that would take a rider at 41 so there we are again with the whether you should open your mouth question. If you just firing off then you might be out of the job. The merger became known to the public during Colorado so you have a month and half to find a contract at my age. I didn’t have an ongoing contract with the team. I was also curious. I thought maybe Johan would bring something different to the team. He had a different way of running things which in the end didn’t work out the way we wanted to, but I was curious. He does have some experience in cycling and I thought maybe he can make the Schlecks win the Tour.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com