"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So awesome to have a financial backer who is absolutely passionate and vocal about the sport, not just a fan with passive interest.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

ultyguy wrote:
stella-azzurra wrote:Valverdes team could not TTT it? surprised

Blood thirsty lowlanders on a windy day (OPQS and Belkin) vs Spanish mountain goats...no contest

The best part of all this is that both Belkin and Saxo now have 2 guys each that Sky have to control.....ATTACK!

I kinda disagree because in stage 4 a 25km TTT Movistar was in the top 10 beating Belkin by 17 seconds.

I expected better from Movistar.

1 Orica Greenedge 0:25:56
2 Omega Pharma-Quick Step 0:00:01
3 Sky Procycling 0:00:03
4 Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:00:09
5 Lotto-Belisol 0:00:17
6 Garmin - Sharp
7 Movistar Team 0:00:20
8 Lampre - Merida 0:00:25
9 BMC Racing Team 0:00:26
10 Katusha Team 0:00:28
11 Radioshack Leopard 0:00:29
12 Vacansoleil-Dcm 0:00:33
13 Cannondale 0:00:34
14 Belkin Pro Cycling 0:00:37
15 Fdj.Fr 0:00:42
16 Astana Pro Team 0:00:56
17 Ag2R La Mondiale 0:01:04
18 Sojasun 0:01:10
19 Team Europcar 0:01:13
20 Cofidis, Solutions Credits 0:01:20
21 Euskaltel - Euskadi 0:01:24
22 Team Argos-Shimano 0:01:47
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

prendrefeu wrote:Since forever?
Windy day = perfect for the BeNeLux & Dutch

Blanco -> Belkin is also super motivated to show their capabilities. They lost one of the longest sponsors in the sport over the off-season, Rabobank, and for a long time were without a sponsor. Belkin came to the rescue for the squad, and the squad wants to show their new sponsor it is worth the investment in their athletes.

Do Rabobank still sponsor a men's team. I saw, what appeared to be a Rabobank team out on the road a few days ago.
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

It wasn't a windy day with echelons. I made plenty of money laying movi on the TTT too :-D

Did u see movi trying to organise themselves in the wind? Also, they were working against 2 teams, not 1.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

We are talking about over 9 minutes. Something more than just a mechanical or wind went wrong I think..
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Permon

by Permon

Is there any video of the decisive move by SAXO in today's stage?
I was watching the stage live, but the director miss the moment somehow.....the shoot started when there was already 5seconds between SAXO and Froome. I would like to see how it happend :unbelievable:
Thank for sharing.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

I'm not a fan of Contador, but what he did lit up the race. If I had to choose between Contador and Froome, the choice is obvious as to who I want to win. I just hope the teams work together to bury Sky!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Permon wrote:Is there any video of the decisive move by SAXO in today's stage?
I was watching the stage live, but the director miss the moment somehow.....the shoot started when there was already 5seconds between SAXO and Froome. I would like to see how it happend :unbelievable:
Thank for sharing.

Go here http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/
and look at stage 13
Some clips are restricted to region

Permon

by Permon

Thanx :thumbup:

pastronef

by pastronef

prendrefeu wrote:Valverde has a broken spoke?
That's a Piti.

Puntastic.

:thumbup: great!

djconnel

by djconnel

Last edited by djconnel on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roca rule

by roca rule

With mount vetoux and allow alpe d'huez coming and a couple of rolling stages saxo and Contador might have a chance of taking yellow if they play their cards right. Sky is looking tired, but the next stage is probably not going to make an impact on the gc riders and i am afraid that everybody is going to give ventoux too much respect. I do think sky is managing its losses, but what if they aren't. I am a Contador fan and I think his two priorities should be making froome lose seconds here and there and have a deficit of no more than 2 minutes by the time they reach the storied alp d'huez. I do think that stage suits Contador accelerating into tempo style.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Miller

by Miller

prendrefeu wrote:Valverde has a broken spoke?

It's reported he touched wheels with another rider and that's how the damage happened.

Contador got some belated payback today for Armstrong putting time into him into an early windy stage of the 2009 Tour. I must say I don't get the love here for Contador, someone who actually has tested +ve and served a ban.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

There is still plenty of racing left and anything can happen. Froome still has a huge lead but you saw what happened to Movistar. Riis and Contador are masters at this race so that is a good advantage over Froome. The race is still wide open as far as I'm concerned.
Even Valverde has a shot :lol:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

@Miller

I wasn't the one questioning it. Read the posts carefully, please? ;)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com