"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

At the women's race are there "podium guys"? If so, how do I apply. :smartass:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

nathanong87 wrote:
Privateer wrote:I'm surprised that there has been much less discussion of this than of "wheel sucking" ( :roll: ). Stupid behaviours of spectators massively influenced the outcome of this race. OPQS were in very strong position with two of four riders in what was almost certainly going to be the winning break. They were robbed of their chance at one of the two most important races of their season through no real fault of their own.

there's really no discussion though, even from stijn' pov (cyclingtips)

"I was just on the side of the road, and a spectator was lined up in front of me. So I hit him and I crashed, and that’s that. I chose the side and not the cobblestones. I was too close to the spectators and I crashed. In any case, I felt really good when I was away with Sep Vanmarcke earlier in the race. I was riding just 90 percent, and I saw on his face that he was suffering and I felt better. He is 2nd today, so it is hard for me that I am not on the podium today."

Yes it is the rider's fault on this one. Riders choose to ride the gutter and that is where the spectators are.
I would ride the gutter also on this one but the rider needs to be alert and move over in this scenario all because of that calculated risk. This isn't the first and it won't be the last crash like this in PR.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

djconnel wrote:8.46 kg Pinarello

such BAD graphics. minimalist didn't work here. "lets just slap a flag on the fork"

stella-azzurra wrote:At the women's race are there "podium guys"? If so, how do I apply. :smartass:

found this dude on instagram last night when i was in a vortex....he's funny. He liked it lol
Last edited by nathanong87 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timo

by Timo

Timo wrote:Out of curiosity: who are the current doctors of Team Radioshack? Last year Pedro Celaya left the team together with Bruyneel (and good riddance) but it is most intriguing that the team website gives the names of riders, management, massage therapists, mechanics, even down to the busdriver, the cook and the team journalist....but the medical staff is missing. Intriguing if not to say suspicious.

http://www.radioshackleopardtrek.com/team" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone?
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Timo, probably someone associated with Le Dopage.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

KWalker wrote:Renshaw just isn't that good against the top few bunch sprinters- basically a Goss with less wins, but not Farrar bad.

Farrar has actually won a good number of GT stages a couple of years ago (pre-WW, only one TdF stage since) and a Scheldeprijs. Only thing Renshaw ever won were a few Qatar stages. Big difference.

In other sad news...

16:55:48 CEST

Rebellin has a puncture.
:lol:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Lately, every time I see live coverage of a race in Europe and I see the weather conditions, all I can think is:

Winter is coming.

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-5.php If youve got time looks like there is going to be a good finish. Sagan, Chavanel and Phil Gil all in the escape group with 7km to go!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Sagan over Gilbert.

What a wheel sucker :smartass: :lol:
Last edited by stella-azzurra on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Ya know, Gilbert could have one that if he was wearing one of those superior aero helmets.

I'll still buy one of those LG ones. I just think it's funny how they're being introduced.

tranquilo

by tranquilo

Bloody hell! How awesome is Sagan? I mean, this was just perfect.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

What was Van Avermaet trying to do?

tranquilo

by tranquilo

Making sure that Gilbert could seat on Sagan's wheel so that he could out-sprint him?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

So Gilbert is the real wheel sucker. Got it. :smartass: