2011 Cannondale

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

PalleRaa

by PalleRaa

I also got the date "late september" from a danish dealer. It fits me perfectly since I will hand in my master thesis in August and also need time on the MTB.
Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two.
_.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-._
In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PalleRaa

by PalleRaa

Im trying to decide if I should go with the CAAD10 with Shimano 105 or Ultegra. I leaning towards the Ultegra, mostly because of the slightly better wheels.

There are however 2 things that i can't figure out looking at the 2011 catalog. That is seatpost size and FD mount.

According to the catalog it looks like this.

Code: Select all

FD           Seapost size
Dura Ace  Braze on     27.2       
Ultegra   Braze on     31.6
105       Clamp 34.9   27.2

How does that make sense? I assume the seat post size is a mistake and should be 27.2 on all of them. But what about the front derraileur? Is it clamp on the cheapest because of the triple option? Or is it only clamp on the 105 triple and normal braze-on with 105 compact?
_.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-._
In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

PalleRaa

by PalleRaa

I can now answer my own question. Got the answer from Cannondale europe.

There’s only 1 frame for the Caad10.

The derailleur is braze on.
The seatpost is a 27.2mm.

roadaddict101

by roadaddict101

I wonder what the '11 slice ulimate cost
does anyone know?
"Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body"

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

There is no slice ultimate for '11. There is a nicer Slice 2 for around $6500 US.
Doing bike things.

dawgcatching3

by dawgcatching3

birdyman wrote:Hello all,

I spoke to the UK Cannondale importer today, who seemed a bit tetchy about the fact that I had seen a 2011 catalogue already (admittedly without pricing), and told me that the CAAD 10 would not be released into the wild in the UK until after the EuroBike show (1-4 Sept in Germany), and that realistically it will be late October before we actually can get them.

But he basically agreed with the specs that we have seen in the catalogue that was posted earlier in this thread.

I have been trying to get a CAAD9 for a few months now, and there aren't any. Anywhere. So waiting 'til Oct is a blow, as the season will be rather over.

:roll:

Funny, I have a shop full of them that nobody seems to want....CAAD9 that is. No CAAD10's as of yet.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Man, those CAAD10's look very nice! There's going to be a lot of domestic US team riders who are going to be super stoked with their bikes for next season.

If only I were so lucky.... :(

Anyway! Looking at the catalogue does that mean the 6 Carbon is gone for good? And in terms of new releases, I expect Cannondale to have something special cooking for 2012! :D

tranzformer

by tranzformer

STARNUT or anyone else, any word on the color for the CAAD10 frameset? Will it be the same as the 10-1 with the black/smoked graphics?

petal666

by petal666

I actually prefer the look of the CAAD9 over the 10.

tranzformer

by tranzformer

@ petal, how come? The more tradition look?

petal666

by petal666

They have gotten rid of the hourglass seat stays for starters. I like the aero ones on the CAAD9.

screaming fist

by screaming fist

Caad10 Ultimate @ Eurobike

I wonder if this just a bike for the show or will get a catalog version. And if so, what might be the price?

limba

by limba

When will the 2011 bikes be on the Cannondale site? Seems like everyone else has the new bikes up.

karmaportrait

by karmaportrait

any prices on the supersix 'regular' and himod framesets?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Last I heard from my LBS was that the framesets should stay the same price for 2011.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."