2011 Cannondale

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

Actually the Rival/Force mix is still available in the US. The link someone posted is a EU line-up.

While I said ealier that the difference is 120ish, it will probably be closer to the 200 stated. The CAAD 9 weight I used was a 52cm while the CAAD 10 was a pre production 56cm.

Also, the Dura-Ace CAAD 10 is a black anodized frame and will be available after market. Even lighter than the one I weighed.
Doing bike things.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fuoco

by Fuoco

Junior Varsity wrote: while the CAAD 10 was a pre production 56cm.

junior but... who are u? A C'dale manager? :mrgreen:

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I gotta say I was really looking forward to the '11 road line and was greatly disappointed. ONly the top end slice and the CAAD10 were interesting to me.

djconnel

by djconnel

Good to hear they're selling anodized black again. That alone saves a decent number of grams.

I'm definitely at the "don't need any more road bikes" stage, with three working bikes (rain, training, racing). If I were, the CAAD would definitely be a candidate. I've a bit of a soft spot for lightweight Al frames: I have an old Mercury team Fuji-branded Techner which has a small crack... unwilling to throw it away.

I finally saw my first in-the-flesh Spooky last month, and it looked really good.

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

Fuoco wrote:
Junior Varsity wrote: while the CAAD 10 was a pre production 56cm.

junior but... who are u? A C'dale manager? :mrgreen:

I am behind the scenes. A few people on this board know who I am. We will just leave it at that.
Doing bike things.

djconnel

by djconnel

If you're trying to remain anonymous, don't link to your twitter page :).

We truly appreciate the enthusiasm expressed in the production of all the videos ...

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

I know. I just figured people would put 2 and 2 together.

I only know of one video out there that I'm in and that was from the Tour of MO last year.
Doing bike things.

chillbro

by chillbro

Gday,

Wonding if anyone could kindly inform me how much difference there is in weight between the black anodized frame and a painted frame for the Caad10.

Thanks

misterfancy

by misterfancy

any news on when the US line will be officially released/when i can order one/when it would be arriving for sale?

Gracias.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

When I asked about the 2011 Supersix HiMod Liquigas to my shop the other day, he said it could be as late as next year I'd get it....
I just opted for and snagged one of the last 2010s... I kinda like more blue on the Liqyugas model from 2010 anyways....
Im not sure on the status of the caad10s...

djconnel

by djconnel

chillbro wrote:Wonding if anyone could kindly inform me how much difference there is in weight between the black anodized frame and a painted frame for the Caad10.

Here's an example where removing paint saved precisely 100 grams.

tuaris

by tuaris

If I understand correctly, the Caad10 wouldn't be available with other groups than Shimano (105, Ultegra and Dura Ace) in Europe ? That's a shame... I think that lots of people who choose this frame are looking for specific material and know what they want ! So, 3 groups of the same brand is far to be enough...

djconnel

by djconnel

I noticed that: the very nice Rival-Force mix, a bike as race-ready as you could want, from '10 is gone. They shave weight off the frame and then pack it back on with mid-tier Shimano groups (as opposed to mid-tier SRAM, which is quite light). Fortunately they sell frame-only.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

djconnel wrote:I noticed that: the very nice Rival-Force mix, a bike as race-ready as you could want, from '10 is gone.

Junior Varsity wrote:Actually the Rival/Force mix is still available in the US. The link someone posted is a EU line-up.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Any chance of getting the frame only in Europe?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike