Astana about to get pinched?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

markc wrote:...In the context of this thread, if one has a bloddy syringe and access to current forensic techniques, along with DNA samples from the likely matches, then it is a trivial process to determine whose blood is on the syringe. The rest of the discussion is a legal one...

Unfortunately the legal process is hardly trivial. The machinations of lawyers would make the above description of DNA seem positively basic. Forensics are childplay.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

markc

by markc

prendrefeu wrote: Thanks for correcting me Mark! :beerchug:

Happy to add. You point was well taken and it's cool that you were looking at the biology technologies in play. The details don't actually matter in this context but I had time to type a bit :)

Tapeworm - exactly the point, glad you agree. The science here is actually easy (for a change) but proving a bloody syringe is a doping offense is not. My guess is this will be all sound and fury yet again. I hope to be wrong.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Great reply there markc - however I will have to disagree with you about the drugs threads.

Yes, this is weenies. However it's also a cycling forum and as such doping threads, when they do not get tedious and personal, I think have a place on here. They offer a very interesting insight into a practice that is sadly still synonymous with our sport and allow us to chew the fat on what (when they do ever turn out to be positive) becomes invariably headline material.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Johan doesn't seem at all worried....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruynee ... ccusations

I like how he's worded his reply - gives the impression there's no way anything was left behind that could incriminate them. No outright refusal of any wrong doings....

J-Nice

by J-Nice

The way Bruyneel worded his statement has no bearing on the fact that he is confident there is nothing this nonsense.

I for one believe him. This guy's been around for years-he has ridden for successful teams and has managed successful teams. He has way too much at stake to make a silly mistake like leaving discarded medical equipment in the form of syringes, needles and the like somewhere where they could be found.

Plus, I know for a fact the UCI will NOT release the blood profiles of ANY of the Astana riders who rode in last year's Tour.

If anything, this crap is going to drag out until after Armstrong retires and possibly has his 8th Tour in the bag. By then it won't matter to him, and he will be free to spin his way out of whatever the fallout is. All Bruyneel would have to do is retire and it will be case closed for him also. He certainly has made enough money in pro cycling that he can leave the sport without having to work another day in his life.

It will only matter to any of the implicated riders still racing at that point, like Contador.

I give this investigation a shelf life of 2.5 to 3 years, when by then no one in the media will care.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

lastchild

by lastchild

crazy
2010 Wilier Cento Uno Superleggera
2010 Santa Cruz Blur
2011 Stevens Carbon Team CX