Resolution of Lew Racing debt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mythical

by mythical

In any case, I'm glad this matter is resolved. :thumbup:

And now the rest of the mess in the world... :roll:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

lancejohnson wrote:I don't know Lee from a bump in the road, but from everything I know about Paul, I would shower the thanks on Reynolds and reserve any praise offered in Paul's direction. Let's remember who set up the house of cards that was Lew Racing, who ducked everyone for months, and who clearly left others holding the Lew Racing bag once the lawsuits from Reynolds came (Paul headed back to Reynolds as part of the settlement). Lee may not have been an angel in this situation, but I have never heard anyone who has worked closely with Paul describe him as such.

Paul is not known for his high moral standards (how is it that he developed Shimano's carbon rims when he was under a non-compete with Reynolds after selling his company to them?) but has a reputation for taking credit and pointing fingers. Even a half-second re-examination of the claims in the OP suggest that most of this situation is not above-board with Paul and Lee, otherwise how would Lee own Lew Racing and all it's assets and liabilities, but Reynolds is now basically making the VT-1 wheel?

That second paragraph is pretty big.

Frankly this is not a feel good story... It begs the question, "why now?" given Reynolds and Paul have known about Dom (and others) for more than a year...

The simple answer is that Reynolds need to create some good vibes given the customer base understanding of both the product and the developer. I would not be suprised to see a few more posts like these going forward.

But that's only a part of the story here. Lances second paragraph is an interesting point.
Last edited by CharlesM on Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

morephyous

by morephyous

Great to hear you got your money's worth of wheels Dominic. Reynolds are certainly good wheels, the finish is better than the Edge rims I replaced them with :D.

jashgtp

by jashgtp

so what wheels did you end up getting?

RWoodsHVAC

by RWoodsHVAC

Thought i would repost this here.

I need to chime in here. I am one of the ones who preordered two sets of VC1s. I lived the 8 months of lies excuses, white papers, Olympics etc. 100s of emails all from LEE. I was out 9000$ as I bought two sets at wholesale . I did receive two sets of VT 1 rims that I sold and recovered some of my money Lee sent those to me free of charge to keep me somewhat satisfied. And then the web site started going down no answers to my emails. No one answering the phone. And then the rumors of the shut down of lew racing. Then I heard the rumor that Paul was working for Reynolds that I confirmed. I read the stuff on this sight about others who had been dupped. I remained silent im not sure why maybe from embarrassment. So I knew I was out of my money.

Then one day at work I get a call from Paul Lew this was the first time I ever talked to him as all my dealings were with Lee. Paul explained to me what had taken place at Lew Racing. And that he wanted to make things right with his customers. He offered me a full refund or a partial and i could be one of the first to receive a set of the RZRs from Reynolds. I took the refund and have utmost respect that Paul made things right with me. I cant comment on others in my shoes
With that said being the Weight Weenie that I am I most likely will ride the Reynolds one day.
My name is Rick Woods I live in Roanoke VA 540-397-4712
Call if you want more info

RWoodsHVAC

by RWoodsHVAC

I should also post that this took place in July as some seem to think interbike had something to do with the timming.

1in20

by 1in20

I had stayed out of previous threads, but Paul doesn't reply to my emails for 12 months now... I ended up receiving stock that I prepaid 30k for when Lew Racing first started up after 2 years! - I had to travel to the USA and turn up on his door step to get anything out of LEW. By that stage the market was burnt, and the stock I have received all is of questionable quality.

By the stage I got the last three sets of Pro VT-1's, the brand was dead in the water and now I have three practically valueless wheelsets that I paid $15k AUD for almost 3 years ago!

Has anyone got any rims warrantied? I have 12 rims that I had to refund retailers because of them cracking or having incorrect drilling.

I have discussed with Paul via his Reynolds email that I would be happy to just get some Reynolds stock to cover my loss, but I haven't got anything at this point.

1in20

by 1in20

Funnily enough i was just looking at the results for Melbourne to Warnie on cyclingnews and noticed Tim Decker finished third. Tim won a couple of years ago on a pair of Pro VT-1's I sold him. Looking at the pictures, he was riding them again on his way to 3rd.

So yes, some of the wheels where pretty damn good. Another pair I lent to the Dutch guy who rode them to second in the Herald Sun Tour in 2007 (via a fellow WW member who was on the dutch squad), and he rode them hard and loved them.

There is also a few people here in Australia that are racking up the km's still on rims with no issues. :noidea:

Don't ask about the majority of what stock I got!