HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:29 am 

When I started out cycling, I started out w/ a wheel set w/ an aluminum brake track and as I have progress though out the years, things got more complicated. My current wheel set, is a set of Zipp 404 w/ a carbon brake track and DT Swiss 180 ceramic hubs w/ sapin spokes.
W/ that being said, I think that I'm in the point of no return, where I will never go back to how it was. As I see it, there is 1 brand left, that is above all wheelset & that is Lightweight. In back of my head, I hear a voice & it's whispering something German and I really don't want to go there. If I do go there, I have a feeling that I will stay there and staying there will be expensive.
I only say this, as 1st hand I have witness this account, as a riding friend of mine has a has a pair of Enve 3.4 w/ the top of the line Tune hubs. The moment he got his hands on a pair of Lightweight, I honestly thought he would use it on those days were he is in a recovery ride or cruising. But that is not the case, it became his everyday wheel set and by the looks of this, I honestly don't think he will ever ride another brand of wheel set and or scarcely interchange his wheel set were he deems the weather or terrain might become a factor.

So begs the the question to the Lightweight owners out there. Are you or were you just like my friend, who thought that he will interchange wheel sets were he deems the ride situation, but now it became the equivalence of shall we say "My precious".
Or, are you that guy, that has such will power that you manage to succumb that harlot's look on those morning rides and ignore it's plea to RIDE ME, YEAH YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO, COME ON, UNDO THOSE SKEWERS FROM THAT BIKE & SKEWER ME IN, INSTEAD. Which one are you?

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:29 am