The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Ulver wrote:
Leviathan wrote:40th Anniversary Basso Diamante Frame. Frame is about 930g, fork 350 but who cares?

I was looking at getting one of these and your post finally made me pull the trigger! Have you had a chance to see what the tyre clearance is like? I've seen them on 25s, any idea if 28s could be accomodated (not the oversized Conti 28s..).

It is such a stunning looking frame, hopefully mine arrives soon!

Ill try and send you some photos, but I have to confess as its the first time Ive run Campagnolo in 10 years Ive given it to a local pro mechanic to do the build, when it gets back Ill send you some info. The paintwork is incredible in real life...

Ulver

by Ulver

Leviathan wrote:
Ulver wrote:
Leviathan wrote:40th Anniversary Basso Diamante Frame. Frame is about 930g, fork 350 but who cares?

I was looking at getting one of these and your post finally made me pull the trigger! Have you had a chance to see what the tyre clearance is like? I've seen them on 25s, any idea if 28s could be accomodated (not the oversized Conti 28s..).

It is such a stunning looking frame, hopefully mine arrives soon!

Ill try and send you some photos, but I have to confess as its the first time Ive run Campagnolo in 10 years Ive given it to a local pro mechanic to do the build, when it gets back Ill send you some info. The paintwork is incredible in real life...

Don't worry - mine (#308) arrived already, within about 18 hours of ordering which was a pleasant surprise! I also didn't realise I was getting a stem, the comfort kit and the seat post.

Totally agree on the paintwork, the whole thing looks stunning in real life. I look forward to seeing yours when it is built up - have you decided on what you are going with?

I am going touring for a year a so in 2 weeks time so mine won't get built up for a while, depending on budget at the time I will go for Chorus/Record with a PM from power2max, Deda SL bars and most likely Bora 35s. As most of my wheels and tyres are in storage I could only check the clearances with a 23mm trainer tyre - looks to me like 25 or 26 max (calipers in storage too..)

The -11 stem looks great though comes in at 194g including bolts (110mm). I think my fork was about 375-380g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Leviathan

by Leviathan

#48! Ive got Basso Handlebars, Chorus ( couldn't justify the extra 800 Euros for Record!), and then Im trying some German Carbon wheels medium profiles, 38mm, with 25mm Vittoria G+ tyres..Again, would love to run Boras but cant afford the extra, this should be a sub 4000 Euros build for what Im really hoping will be a superbike! I have some 28s on a family bike so will see if they fit. Doubt it, due to the back of the seat tube profile.

Ulver

by Ulver

Leviathan wrote:#48! Ive got Basso Handlebars, Chorus ( couldn't justify the extra 800 Euros for Record!), and then Im trying some German Carbon wheels medium profiles, 38mm, with 25mm Vittoria G+ tyres..Again, would love to run Boras but cant afford the extra, this should be a sub 4000 Euros build for what Im really hoping will be a superbike! I have some 28s on a family bike so will see if they fit. Doubt it, due to the back of the seat tube profile.

That was my conclusion, that and where the brake bridge is situated.

Yours sounds like it will be a really nice build. :thumbup:

Miller

by Miller

Kindly overlook the grubby chain, the new bit is the cassette, Campagnolo Centaur 11 in 12-32. A 32t sprocket from Campag... relatively cheap too at £60 from Wiggle.

shuttlenote

by shuttlenote

Picked up wahoo kickr snap on sale! :D

Kumppa

by Kumppa

shuttlenote wrote:Picked up wahoo kickr snap on sale! :D

Was thinking same for 800€ but can't get over that belt noise.

Ozrider

by Ozrider

liam7020 wrote:
Ozrider wrote:I just received these in the mail from Zero Friction Cycling.
A YBN Ti chain and Molten Speed Wax. I’m looking forward to trying them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which groupset will you be using with the chain? Ta

Dura Ace 9100

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

tyty

by tyty

djcharlou wrote:For you the shoes addict :

Willing to help ship a pair to the USA? haha!

Mtek

by Mtek

From Fairwheel...

dgasmd

by dgasmd

ImageImage

The list of items is too long to do individual pict. Let the bold begin!!

dolophonic

by dolophonic

:up:

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Scott Addict 20 CX frameset
Frame with Shimano BB 1140g
Uncut fork 462g
Seatpost 240g

Paint tuning
Last edited by rainerhq on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Extralite Octarings MC 52/36

I've got Stronglight CT2s already in 52/36 for my build but figured I'll give the Extralite's a go, save roughly 40gms, and see how the shifting performance is with Camap SR mechanical. If they're crap, I'll switch them over to the Stronglights. Every gram counts I guess. Now I just need a damn frame and fork to arrive!!! :evil:

nickf

by nickf

First piece of English kit. Just waiting on the main event to get out of the paint shop.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com