The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

quattrings

by quattrings

In 24 26 36 38 for experimental reasons
2nd pair now, 1st pair got 3 years of use on it, but the body is all chewed up now. bearings stil ok though.

Also waiting on my new wheels from R2.de
650b stans crest on extralite hyperlefty front and hope evo2 rear, 32 spokes sapim cxray.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klarion

by Klarion

Hi all. I'm trying to put together a Sram Red groupset (except for brake calipers), the 10 speed version with Yaw, for my Scott CR1 build.

To this end I had a couple of rather tasty morsels arrive in the post this week- both second hand off ebay. Firstly, GXP compact crankset, 170 mm. It has various scuffs & the black paint is worn off on the chainring teeth (why on earth do they paint the teeth!?) but otherwise no visible wear & tear:

Of course it does feel very nice & light :D .

Apols BTW for the grotty iphone pics.

Klarion

by Klarion

Secondly, 11-25 cassette:

Combined with the 50 / 34 chainrings, this should do me OK for getting around London + environs, and provide pleasantly close enough ratios. It seems to be in very good nick (considering that I got it pretty cheap) with no wear that I can see on the sprockets:

Klarion

by Klarion

Also, as can be seen from the first pic in my above post, the cassette arrived with -unexpectedly- a freehub body inside it! A few turns with a cassette lockring tool revealed the following rather intriguing item:

Which, as a bit of research on the web indicates, is an Easton R4SL freehub, specifically for Sram Red cassettes. According to the blurb, Easton has made a weight saving of 'up to 22g' on this delightful little thing by shaving off the splining in the middle of the cylinder (which is surplus to requirements with the Red cassette due to the latter's mainly 1-piece construction).

The R4SL freehub, as well as being nice to look at and hold, with a very classy feel, is not exactly cheap as freehubs go. And its previous owner had gone to the trouble of removing one of the 3 pawls- not to save weight I am sure (though perhaps there are one or two here who would go that far to pursue the WW objective :lol: ) but apparently there are those who assert that removing one pawl improves the efficiency of the hub.

What a pity that I don't have or intend to get EC90 wheels, and thus could only use this very pretty little thing as an ornament (it's too light to serve as a paperweight). If anyone here would like it, I'll put it up in the 'for sale' section as soon as I have the required post-count.

cmdr199212

by cmdr199212

Some new shoes, I looked at a bunch of size charts and some forms regarding fit, and kinda shot into the dark ordering sight unseen.. I'm a 44.5 in Sidi and I ordered a 44.

I also got a pair of sets of these new 2 degree float cleats.. lets see how these go!

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Thanks to Frankie, I have some new socks! :wink:

Shouldn't see these on anyone else at the local group rides!!

dha

by dha

Two veloflex arenberg tubs, £64.76 from Merlin. Have other veloflex models in stock too.

manne

by manne

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Bont Zero + shoes in 43 Wide.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Did you get a set of golf balls with those? :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Your getting them confused with Zipp's, those come with the golf balls
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Over the past 4 weeks I've been collecting some stuff:

Bib shorts:
1 pair garneau mondo evo bibs
1 pair desoto 400 mile ceramico bibs
1 pair etxeondo dilar bibs

Jerseys:
1 garneau carbon ion jersey orange
1 garneau elite carbon jersey blk/fluo orange

etxeondo bibs and carbon ion jerseys were ebay scores

Underarmour coldgear compression base layer & nike pro combat base layer (came from a gift card for coaching my son's soccer team - 7-1 and they won their end of season tournament)

Northwave Extreme Tech shoes for $68 - I'll use them, but they're not as good as the shimano r320.

Extralite OC 90 stem so I can finally figure out if I need a 90 or 100 mm stem for the right fit w/ my new bars.
Speedplay is the devil!

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

stella-azzurra wrote:Did you get a set of golf balls with those? :lol:

Yeah good one. :D

I very much doubt if the dimples help in any way with the aero values of the shoes, but it does break up what could be a very boring shoe otherwise. I am certain though that the cover over the front does help with aerodynamics. How much though I'll wait until someone gets them into a wind tunnel!

wojchiech

by wojchiech

got a set of these.

bonus: my bike is finally under 6.8kg :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com