The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stubob

by stubob

Not today, but over the last month or so.

Challenge latex tubes + valve extenders
Continental GP4000s IIs 25mm
Pro Vibe Digital Carbon tape
cheap-o double wheel bag
Jagwire inner front brake cable
replacement Planet X front brake (I stripped the old bolt and didn't realize it)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Black in size 41, I don't like white cycling shoes, I get them too dirty. Decided on the Vaypor+ instead of the Zero+ as the double closure appealed more than the single closure on the Zero+, even though the Zero+ was going to be cheaper.

Miller

by Miller

Bought some of the new style Planet-X CNC brakes for a TT bike build. I remember the older version seemed to protrude less into the air than these do, on the other hand the braking force seems likely to be stronger with the cam action. Pictured is the rear brake. The little bag of bits are tools and parts that come with the brakes. The set of hex keys curiously does not include one the right size for the barrel cable clamp - maybe my set just got picked wrongly. Weight for this brake is 108g, I forgot to weigh them both before installing the front.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

:lol: Assos Tiburu- my first try of the 'new gen' pad and construction. Trying them on they feel pretty darn sweet and for Spring riding, the willie wind blocker is great and the fabric feels pretty darn plush. I'm a bit concerned how the side flaps of the chamois fold down the leg but have yet to try them on the bike, time will tell!

umop3pisdn

by umop3pisdn

Miller wrote:Bought some of the new style Planet-X CNC brakes for a TT bike build. I remember the older version seemed to protrude less into the air than these do, on the other hand the braking force seems likely to be stronger with the cam action. Pictured is the rear brake. The little bag of bits are tools and parts that come with the brakes. The set of hex keys curiously does not include one the right size for the barrel cable clamp - maybe my set just got picked wrongly. Weight for this brake is 108g, I forgot to weigh them both before installing the front.

I have the cheaper forged version for a budget-weenie fixed HC build, my front is now 116g with a bit of dodgy drillium. Braking power seems good, despite what people have said.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Unfortunately it was not meant to be. They just didnt work with my feet :(

Using Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

spdntrxi wrote:FLY12.. ofcourse I won't get it till the end of the year.... but I backed it.

do you have the Fly6? and if so, how's that working out for you?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

efeballi

by efeballi

Goodies arrived from Merlin today. Zipp bar tape is great, HG700 chain improved shifting but that could be because the old chain was worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHUT UP LEGS
2015 Giant Propel Advanced
2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo
2013 KTM Strada mod. (totaled)
2011 Pinarello Dogma 60.1(loaner)
2011 Scott SUB 45(sold)

Politecnico di Milano Ingegneria Meccanica

Dirty32

by Dirty32

djm wrote:Watch out for the angle on the S-works shoes, they are a little tilted to one side.

Sorry mate... How do you mean?
As in, physically built to tilt / the sole is not level or straight?

djm

by djm

Seen from the front/rear if you compare to most other makes you'll see that the S-works are tilted to one side, I believe.

For some that is problematic, because they are sensitive to it and not aware of it. It should be easy to shim yourself away from it if it is a potential issue for you.

steventran

by steventran

Dirty32

by Dirty32

Thanks djm, i'll keep an eye out. Can't say that I have noticed, but I havent used them yet.

From the video reviews I watched, I actually thought that the soles were designed specifically to be thicker at the insole and have less material at the outer edge (for increased stiffness inside, and less material needed outside), but I didnt realise it would equate to any major tilting, so i'll be mindful. Cheers!

Bogan

by Bogan

Dirty32 wrote:Thanks djm, i'll keep an eye out. Can't say that I have noticed, but I havent used them yet.

From the video reviews I watched, I actually thought that the soles were designed specifically to be thicker at the insole and have less material at the outer edge (for increased stiffness inside, and less material needed outside), but I didnt realise it would equate to any major tilting, so i'll be mindful. Cheers!

I have some S-Works shoes and it sometimes feels like your feet are tilting outwards. The perception disappears after a while, but can be a bit disconcerting initially.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I think its also the arch support that is built into the carbon that gives the impression of tilt. Stopps the outer/upper bulging out when the arch support is pressed against it. The R321 shoes are the same.
Using Tapatalk