The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

2rismo

by 2rismo

Swapped out the Bontrager R3 25s for some AW3 28s today. Pumped them up to 100 and went for a 48km ride around the lake. They're definitely old man tyres and so comfy compared to the skinny ones @ 110psi. Miles of room for the wider tyres front and back. Gonna test them out properly in Wagga on Sunday.

Also replaced the giant and unsightly Garmin speed and cadence sensors that came with the Garmin 1000 with the Duotrap that sits in the chain stay. Much, much neater.

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

Just curious here...but what's the reason for running big 28c tires at 100 psi?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

2rismo

by 2rismo

wpccrunner wrote:Just curious here...but what's the reason for running big 28c tires at 100 psi?

One part 60kg over the back wheel, two parts I don't know what I'm doing.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Those blue Shimanos look so good I had to sign on and comment about it. Yea, that good. Nice one, hornedfrog.

KarlC

by KarlC

KGT - Nice fork I could use 1 of those for my Master X Light
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@kgt: Your Master X-Light thanks you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kgt

by kgt

A c-record groupset including delta brakes is waiting as well. More in a couple of weeks hopefully...

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Hmmm... Not so sure about the Delta brakes, if you actually want to ride it and all. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kgt

by kgt

That is an urban legend actually... I have discussed this with many current or past users. Only 1st generation Deltas had issues.
Tricky to install for sure but in terms of performance, power and modulation they are ok. Many pros used them for many years (Roche, Fignon, etc.)
Anyway... I have to see them on my bike. It's a sentimental thing. :)

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

kgt wrote:That is an urban legend actually... I have discussed this with many current or past users. Only 1st generation Deltas had issues.
Tricky to install for sure but in terms of performance, power and modulation they are ok. Many pros used them for many years (Roche, Fignon, etc.)

Yes, but is it really, really aero??

nickcube

by nickcube

hornedfrog wrote:Image

How are they?

Willier

by Willier

kgt wrote:That is an urban legend actually... I have discussed this with many current or past users. Only 1st generation Deltas had issues.

had deltas on my first road bike... no problems at all for my 65kg

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Well, if it's a sentimental thing... then by all means... mount those puppies. I've never actually used them myself, so am going on what I've heard others say. I've examined them up close, and I'm sure they work, if not kind of finicky. Are you going to keep your bars and stem as well? To me those bars are well... awkward looking at best. It's crying for some classic bars. And is the new fork a threaded fork, so you can use a proper quill stem on that frame. It's been so long since I've worked on a threaded fork and bare frame that I can't even remember if the headset itself threads into the frame or just presses in then the fork is secured with the appropriate headset nuts. But if you don't need to modify the frame, then threaded fork/headset and quill stem for the win and completion.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com