The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Leviathan

by Leviathan

calvin wrote:New wheelset from Yoeleo

And Veloflex Master tyres

Would be interested to hear how you got on with the tires, I put some onto some Fulcrum 40 carbons and ripped a gash right through the side of the tyrewall. Maybe I did something wrong?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

Leviathan wrote:Would be interested to hear how you got on with the tires, I put some onto some Fulcrum 40 carbons and ripped a gash right through the side of the tyrewall. Maybe I did something wrong?

You were maybe just unlucky. I've used these for years - racing, training, winter riding, cobbles - and can only say they are sublime. Bit hard to mount initially but faultless apart from that.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

prebsy

by prebsy

Deep into spring here on the east coast , so what the hell time for a new trainer lol. Image

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

addictR1

by addictR1

how do you like the wahoo kickr? is it fairly quiet?

Seedster

by Seedster

After two weeks of waiting, finally received my new Lupina saddle for my trusty RXR ulteam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

^^ Hope you love it. Couple hundred miles later and mine is still dreamy.

Johnny Rad wrote:Sadly can't find anymore Assos S5 Mille or F.13 bibs anymore. Time to move on, I suppose.

Assos S5 Mille are on sale at Excel Sports! Must be leftovers, right?! Woot Woot

Bought a couple earlier today and rec'd an order confirmation reply! Plus they still show in-stock.

Not sure, but I think they've pictured the F.13 but are calling it the Mille. Either way, I'm a happy boy today.

https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?pa ... 4&minor=16

1415chris

by 1415chris

wobbly wrote:
1415chris wrote:Silca hiro v2

Nice piece of kit :thumbup:
how is it for ease of use and from where did you source the adapter to connect the tube to the head ?

Much quicker than threaded on head. The one on the picture, it is Lezyne pump with their head. You just simply thread it into head's schrader end.
Got it from r2bike, with delivery still £20 cheaper than in UK.

bigfloor

by bigfloor

moonoi wrote:Finally got around to purchasing a new turbo...

Best trainer ever ! Been using it for 16 months now and loving it. Most of the time with Zwift, excellent combination

KCookie

by KCookie

Seedster wrote:After two weeks of waiting, finally received my new Lupina saddle for my trusty RXR ulteam

Awesome saddles, got one on both my bikes. Hopefully you'll like it.
Unfortunately I've been waiting since the beginning of December for my Berk goodies. Two parcels lost in the post. :(

Seedster

by Seedster

Yes I have a padded leather version that's awesome. This lupina matches my RxR so much better than the outgoing AxLightness

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Bought 2-4 weeks ago but they arrived on Thursday. Berk Lupina in 132mm matte, Schmolke TLO 42mm and Deda Tape ImageImageImage

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Johnny Rad wrote:^^ Hope you love it. Couple hundred miles later and mine is still dreamy.

Johnny Rad wrote:Sadly can't find anymore Assos S5 Mille or F.13 bibs anymore. Time to move on, I suppose.

Assos S5 Mille are on sale at Excel Sports! Must be leftovers, right?! Woot Woot

Bought a couple earlier today and rec'd an order confirmation reply! Plus they still show in-stock.

Not sure, but I think they've pictured the F.13 but are calling it the Mille. Either way, I'm a happy boy today.

https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?pa ... 4&minor=16

I've never owned Assos bib shorts but these prices appear to be a good deal for Assos. What's the difference between the following shorts at Excel? And which one would you recommend?

Assos Fi.Uno_s5 Logo Bib Shorts $118
Assos T Fi.Mille_s5 Bib Shorts $138
Assos T.milleShorts_s7 Bib Shorts $159

KCookie

by KCookie

Assos are the only cloths i wear, they are very well made and comfortable. You wont be disappointed with either you choose. The s5 are older models.
I wear the neopro s7, Fi.Uno s5 and just bought T. Cento S7. $275 delivered from UK to OZ, here they are $450. Great deal.
Each Bib shorts will have its own cut, ie the NeoPro are regular all round fit and the T.Cento are high performance long distance shorts. The Fi.Uno says training and racing short.
Its always worth going on the offical Assos website can always get great deals on there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Thanks KCookie. I think I'll give it a try.

syplam

by syplam

dereksmalls wrote:Bought 2-4 weeks ago but they arrived on Thursday. Berk Lupina in 132mm matte, Schmolke TLO 42mm and Deda Tape ImageImageImage

Thats a light deda tape! Which model is it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com