San Luis Rey

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

cogsci

by cogsci

How did everyone do? Those initial switchbacks were a surprise. Couldn't ask for beautiful weather.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

legs 11

by legs 11

?????
What on earth are you talking about?
I presume you must be in the US. :lol:
I could tell because you presumed the rest of the world would know what you were talking about. :wink:
Pedalling Law Student.

cogsci

by cogsci

Haha sorry, very true statement about Americans.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Hey dude -

A bunch of my teammates did SLR. Just a head's up on this forum, though:

WW is a forum that is both heavily international and heavily tech-oriented. The training subforum also does pretty well, but it's mostly about tech. Did I mention international?

That being said, getting down to the level of a particular race in a particular region of one country in the world may be slim pickings here. Sure there are a few of us (myself, El Duderino, others) who know what you're talking about... but you may not get as much of a response on this unless you were posting, say, at BikeForums/RoadCycling/Racing or BikeForums/SouthernCalifornia, for example. RoadBikeReview also tends to have a So.Cal region from what I've heard...

Anyway, hope you did well. Add the pics to the Action Pictures! thread. :)

Just for points of reference of tendencies for the primary English-language forums:

WeightWeenies forum is the "A Group" ride equivalent. Generally speaking, people who post here are interested in the tech, have light bantor, some humor, but really don't post stupidity.

BikeForums (BF) Racing is the "A Group" just for racing - not too much tech there, but a lot of discussion about training.

BF Road Cycling is the "C Group" that has a mix of people who have just started, don't know how to use the 'search' function, trolls, and a few intelligent people who like to waste time at work. Lots of useless, redundant threads and the general intellect level is frighteningly low.

RoadBikeReview is somewhere in between BF Road Cycling and BF Racing. I suppose you can call it the "B Group" ride.

... then there are *plenty* of international forums that many countries have, and they can be pretty interesting.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

You may also want to try socalcycling.com's forums, even though I've got no experience with that.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

QuattroAssini

by QuattroAssini

Interesting summary Prendrefeu.....