Shiny Bikes question

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

yongkun

by yongkun

Tried the website contact, no reply for a few days already. Faced similar issues, not really sure if it's their email filter..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

konky

by konky

Also found them not the quickest but otherwise absolutely fine.

gb103

by gb103

Hi, past experience has been very good. Not the fastest delivery but way cheaper group sets and wheels. I think they don't have a lot if stock and get the products from the distributors as and when.
So far ordered colnago epq, which took around 7 weeks (although the time scale is due to colnago), 3 super record groupsets, shamal wheels and various tubs. If you can wait 10 days for your purchase shiny bikes is excellent. If you need your purchase in the same week probike kit or wiggle is the way to go.

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Received a parcel today, with one item missing. Emailed Shiny Bikes, and had a reply within 6 Hours from Fraser. Problem rectified. Can't ask for more.
Yes they are sometimes a bit slower than Wiggle or PBK, but if you factor this in to your planning, the lower prices are worth waiting for.
I tend to order items like chains, tubes, tyres etc in advance so that I have spares on hand.
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

1415chris

by 1415chris

Just wanted to share my recent experience with the shop in the question.
As almost 100% of my shopping is made over the internet I got used to the certain standards.
The recent one wity Shin Bikes is out of the scale.

I'm replacing my PF30 BBright which is not a standar stock item of the lbss. On Wednesday before I placed an order, I had called them to confirm availability and make sure I get it by Friday.
I was assured that if the order is placed by midday it would be sent by first class the same day and would be with me on the next day.
Thursday gone, nothing. Called them on Friday and was told that the item was going out that day, ugrrrrr. Apparently having the backlog, it was the reason. Saturday passed and no delivery.
You may think what the big deal with the £30 and few days is, but lying and screwing somebody's whole weekend plus few days of riding is unforgettable and it's a hanging offense. So think twice before you decide to deal with this shop.

admin: incidentally a quick search on here and you would have found they're not the fastest with their shipping. Sorry to hear you weekend was spoiled.

gb103

by gb103

My experience of shiny bikes has been positive. Purchased colnago EPQ , 2 super record groupsets, shamal wherls and various bars/saddle and tubs. Their service may not be as quick as Wiggle, but the cheap prices sure make up for the delay.

To be fair 1st class usually means 3 days delivery time, while 2nd class is a week. Royal mail is inefficent, poorly managed and underpays their staff. This is coming from ex postman.

1415chris

by 1415chris

As I clearly stated in my previous post, I called them and I was assured about next day delivery. Next call two days later and I'm hearing that my item is still not dispatched.
Royal Mail has nothing to do in this case.
I do not know what delivery company you used to work for, but according to the Royal Mail and my experience, 1st class means next day delivery in almost 100% cases. Which I hope will be confirmed by the more reputable shop I bought the bb from today. On top of this you have got wortless words (call it bunch of lies) of the guy from Shinybikes, which was the the issue in this case.

Tinea Pedis thanks for moving my post, I missed this thread in the search.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

1415chris wrote:Just wanted to share my recent experience with the shop in the question.
As almost 100% of my shopping is made over the internet I got used to the certain standards.
The recent one wity Shin Bikes is out of the scale.

I'm replacing my PF30 BBright which is not a standar stock item of the lbss. On Wednesday before I placed an order, I had called them to confirm availability and make sure I get it by Friday.
I was assured that if the order is placed by midday it would be sent by first class the same day and would be with me on the next day.
Thursday gone, nothing. Called them on Friday and was told that the item was going out that day, ugrrrrr. Apparently having the backlog, it was the reason. Saturday passed and no delivery.
You may think what the big deal with the £30 and few days is, but lying and screwing somebody's whole weekend plus few days of riding is unforgettable and it's a hanging offense. So think twice before you decide to deal with this shop.

admin: incidentally a quick search on here and you would have found they're not the fastest with their shipping. Sorry to hear you weekend was spoiled.
YOu could have visited several relatively local shops who would have had a BBRight BB unit on the shelf. Sigma Sport, Condor or Cycleworks. Instead you went directly online by the sounds of it.

jvanv8

by jvanv8

I purchased several Reynolds wheelsets over the years with them as they had the best price in Europe at the time. Well packed, Royal Mail to the Continent wasn't too bad. Only good things to say.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I have only bad things to say. I've ordered from them three times: A Colnago seat post, a Deda handlebar and some Boras. On all three occasions the item was showing as in stock on the website and my order was confirmed via e-mail. After receiving and hearing nothing for over ten days each time I emailed them for an update, and when I (eventually) received a reply it was to say that the item wasn't actually in stock with no estimate on anticipated availability. My card was refunded and that was that. Waste of time.

Nought out of three is a pretty poor strike rate. I'll not be ordering from them again no matter how attractive their prices.

KH

by KH

They seem to list items as being in stock when they are not in stock. They do not respond to e-mails. When you contact them on the phone they make up whatever they think you want to hear. Frustrating experience and will not use them again.

nismosr

by nismosr

anybody from the US ever bought a frameset from Shiny ? care to share the experience, what method of shipping they've use. any tax or duty charges upon delivery, their Colnago framesets are tempting.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2022 Ridley Kanzo Adv Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2022 Basso Palta 2-Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2023 Colnagno G3X-SRAM Force-Levante

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I'm experiencing similar right now... ordered parts from there... great communication with them BEFORE I placed the order.. Told them via email I couldn't place the order because I was in the office, but would get the order in when I got home.. was told everything in stock and he was going to pick the order for me and put it aside!! Im thinking this is awesome.. well I ordered... have emailed three times for the tracking info to Canada and not getting a response at all... I know ribble sends parcel force and royal mail to Canada and it takes less then a week to get here and I get supplied with a tracking number instantly....

nismosr

by nismosr

A ride buddy just ordered 2015 SR shifter, RD and FD and he received it within 4 days to NJ.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2022 Ridley Kanzo Adv Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2022 Basso Palta 2-Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2023 Colnagno G3X-SRAM Force-Levante