Another Come Back? Chad Gerlach? Great News!!!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

As many of you know, he got really into drugs and alcohol. I raced with Chad for a long time. We were big rivals as juniors. It is great to see him clean and sober. I hope it continues.

My mom was pretty down when she watched the A&E show Intervention with him. She will be glad to know he is on the straight and narrow.

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=6550

Chad and I at Junior National Championships 1989. I am in the pink kit on the LeMond and he is right behind me to the right in yellow.

geraldatwork

by geraldatwork

I remember seeing his story on Intervention last year sometime. It is amazing how far people can fall. thanks for posting.
"Really fast people are frustrating, but they make you faster. When you get faster, you might frustrate someone else."

2009 Trek Madone 5.5 Project One SRAM Force 16.4 lbs w/pedals and cages.
2007 Bianchi 928 Carbon Lugged- SRAM Rival-17 lbs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

offthefront

by offthefront

That intervention show is an amazing show. They do a great job of helping people get back on track. Nice to see a fellow cyclist getting some help. I will be chearing for you Chad. Nothing better then a happy ending. Good luck. Go Chad!

bushyv

by bushyv

offthefront wrote:Nothing better then a happy ending.

No doubt!

Seriously though, Although I wholeheartedly applaud Chad for cleaning himself up, how many riders who have done everything right and busted their asses don't have a team for 2009? Food for thought, and a clear demonstration of the old boy network, no?

Ant

by Ant

bushyvagina wrote: a clear demonstration of the old boy network, no?

If I was running a bike team and had two guys of equal talent. I would pick the dude who had a great story and had been on a national TV show.