Christophe Dupouey dies

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Sprinter

by Sprinter

It's been reported that Christophe Dupouey has commited suicide:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breves20 ... icide.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Second high profile cyclist I hear about today. Again, very, very sad.

R.I.P.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

synchronicity

by synchronicity

Depression is a terrible thing indeed. :(
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

nolimit
Resident Pro

by nolimit

This guy was one of my hero's when I was a junior mountain biker. I remember him and Little Mig on the Sunn team just dominating the world cups. It didn't even bother me when I heard about the drugs. Just watching them anyone could tell. The way Christophe Dupouey raced was just awesome. I hope someone in the press has some good things to say about him.

OJ

by OJ

nolimit wrote:This guy was one of my hero's when I was a junior mountain biker. I remember him and Little Mig on the Sunn team just dominating the world cups. It didn't even bother me when I heard about the drugs. Just watching them anyone could tell. The way Christophe Dupouey raced was just awesome. I hope someone in the press has some good things to say about him.

I raced against him in road races in 2001. Obviously I got my ass kicked though. He was a super strong rides and I had an idea that he wasn't clean, but he wasn't the only non-clean rider at that time by no means. It was only later, when I heard that he and Roux brothers were key figures in dope trade in that part of the world.

Fall from glory was hard for him for sure and I can only imagine all the hypocrite cycling community spitting on him. Sucks...
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Danton

by Danton

OJ wrote:I raced against him in road races in 2001. Obviously I got my ass kicked though. He was a super strong rides and I had an idea that he wasn't clean, but he wasn't the only non-clean rider at that time by no means. It was only later, when I heard that he and Roux brothers were key figures in dope trade in that part of the world.

Fall from glory was hard for him for sure and I can only imagine all the hypocrite cycling community spitting on him. Sucks...

I'm in an identical position, I was racing with him years ago and my feelings on him are the same and hope his family cope with the loss. His funeral is tomorrow.