Shaving of legs

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Unless you're DQ'd, riding at the front of the pack (presuming that means in front of all riders in the race) the entire time does mean you're the winner, because "entire time" means all the way through the finishing line.

Of course, if your idea of "entire time" ends prior to the final sprint, or a breakaway with several km to go, or just that the thentofore leader gets dropped before the end of the race, then of course your statement is trivially correct. If you meant that, you should not have called it the "entire time".

Edit: I should have written "Unless you're DQ'd or relegated, ..."
Last edited by HammerTime2 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

stuka666 wrote:I have a light skin color, so, bib shorts with dark hair in white legs are a no go.

And seriously, I need to put suncream, therefore the lack of leg hair is mandatory.

:goodpost: :goodpost: :thumbup: :thumbup: :exactly:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euan

by euan

DMF wrote:
euan wrote:If you are worrying about whether your or some others guy's legs are shaved or not, you've got too much time on your hand

...he said, posting it on an online cycling forum board... I think it's about prioritizing your time, ride-time comes first obviously, but shaving-of-legs-time certainly comes before posting-online-about-how-busy-you-are-time...

:D :beerchug:

so clever there you got me.

posting on forum time < shaving legs

regardless of either. its doesn't matter just do whatever and stop worrying

Scott!

by Scott!

I've never shaved my legs, and I'm too old to care what anyone else thinks about it. I did pay for it a couple of years ago when I went down in a criterium.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Ouch! Damn dude....that looks like it was awful. That was what my hair looked like before I shaved, I would never go back. One of the lesser discussed advantages is that dress socks now stay up all day without sliding down.....

Scott!

by Scott!

My wife sprayed it with Bactine after I got home. That brought me to tears. Felt like she was hitting it with a blow torch. I left it open so I didn't have to worry about adhesive strips. Horrible day, the crash also took out a teammate who was on my wheel.

asdf123

by asdf123

On the other hand, I wonder how often do you guys shave? I'm not that hairy and I need to shave 2x a week for my leegs to not look odd with little hairs growing back.

efeballi

by efeballi

Depends on how much little hair you can live with.
In summer I shave every 3-4 days depending on the quality of the previous shave. If everything goes right little hairs start poking out of the shorts after 5 days. If the shavejob is bad it can be as little as 2 days.

My guess is 20 grams for the first ever shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHUT UP LEGS
2015 Giant Propel Advanced
2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo
2013 KTM Strada mod. (totaled)
2011 Pinarello Dogma 60.1(loaner)
2011 Scott SUB 45(sold)

Politecnico di Milano Ingegneria Meccanica

eric

by eric

In the winter when my legs are usually coveed anyhow I do it once a week. Once it warms up I try to do 2x/week.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

asdf123 wrote:On the other hand, I wonder how often do you guys shave? I'm not that hairy and I need to shave 2x a week for my leegs to not look odd with little hairs growing back.

my asian legs only grow about 5 strands of hair on my legs. Im tempted to not shave this season. noone will know.

the down sides to this are

1. as a kid i was always asked if i was a swimmer....

2. i cannot grow a beard

mattr

by mattr

I usually just left it until a couple of days before a major race. Or once a month if I got fed up with hairy white legs.

worstshotever

by worstshotever

This thread is so old TP apparently had a gf when it began. :thumbup:

Male cyclists shave their legs for other male cyclists. Along with an adherence to a plethora of other often bizarre prescriptions of the sport (glasses go outside the helmet straps, Frederic! Huh?), it stands as a statement from which others may take some comfort in the leg-hairless-one's level of commitment to more substantive aspects of riding in close quarters in a group, which can be critical to the health and well-being of all. Plus, it looks better. :smartass:

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

worstshotever wrote:This thread is so old TP apparently had a gf when it began. :thumbup:

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

When I first started shaving the wife was suspect, but now she insists that I shave every other day because she likes the feel. I am not allowed to let it get out of hand, just as I would not appreciate her letting herself get out of hand, if you know what I mean....and I think you do. :wink:

airpoppoff

by airpoppoff

What is everyones standpoint on shaving where you get saddle sores?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com