Tour Down Under Online Coverage

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Internalcon

by Internalcon

I was hoping someone had some good resources for watching the season's first tour online. I am currently in South Korea where the computer game Starcraft is broadcasted on two channels at any given time so I doubt there will be room in the schedule for a bike race.

I was looking for a little more than live updates. I would like to actually watch the race.

Cheers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ash

by ash

As fas as i can see, the race isnt being shown live in australia.. we will have nightly (1/2 hour) updates/highlights (no doubt consisting of lance and a few intermediate sprints based on SBS's other race coverage)

the last day is broadcast live for about 1.5 hours tho.

Ash

Internalcon

by Internalcon

That's too bad. I guess I will be tracking it online. Thanks.

Option

by Option

Internalcon wrote:That's too bad. I guess I will be tracking it online. Thanks.

Don't fret. You're not missing anything. The TDU would send an insomniac into a coma. How Turtur can set that ridiculous parcours is beyond me.

Sophia

by Sophia

Internalcon wrote:I was hoping someone had some good resources for watching the season's first tour online. I am currently in South Korea where the computer game Starcraft is broadcasted on two channels at any given time so I doubt there will be room in the schedule for a bike race.

I was looking for a little more than live updates. I would like to actually watch the race.

Cheers.

Try www.cyclingfans.com . They have some info up about streaming of the race already. And they always seem to have more alternatives the day of the race. I used their live guides all last season to watch streaming of races including all three grand tours.

I hope this helps!

Sophia

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

djconnel

by djconnel

Option wrote:How Turtur can set that ridiculous parcours is beyond me.

Easy to see -- it's more of a mass training camp than a race. Now the real question is why it's on the Pro Tour other than regional marketing....

In the us, http://www.cycling.tv/ has been advertising it.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

djconnel wrote:...Now the real question is why it's on the Pro Tour other than regional marketing...

Isn't that the whole point of the Pro Tour overall?

As for the course I would like to see some far more challenging stages, a mountain (ok, ok a big hill) finish and maybe even an opening prologue TT.

However I believe that they steer away from making the course too hard at the start of the season, and a TT means more equipment etc etc.

Still fun to watch on course though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com