Is this the "who's the richest one" forum?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Sprinter

by Sprinter

imageking wrote:Here in the Uk prices are holding fairly well with the cut throat market.
But with our currency sliding against the euro and dollar I suspect that imported goods are set for a real hike in 2009.

The price of Record 11 & DA 7900 is already coming thru at substantially more than we have been accustomed to paying....never mind super record or electronic transmission
Assos has gone from expensive to OMG

The opposite is happening here in Japan. The high yen has seen prices dip, and buying online is super cheap. Only problem is everyone's losing their job.

sawyer

by sawyer

mises wrote:I think i'm finally going to cut back in 2009. i was running reports in quicken and looked at what i'd spent on bikes in the last 10 years. It was almost as much as i paid for my house in 1991 (and it didn't even include trips). given the bike i had 10 years ago wasn't that bad it was a pretty sobering to think what else i could have done with all that money. Thank god it's still 2008! :lol:

PMSL at that one mises. hard to pass the hobby off as cheap if you're actually spending as much as you would buying a house.

Imageking is right that here in the UK prices are heading up noticeably. I think the industry is in for a tough year I'm afraid as I doubt even rich cyclists are going to stomach some of the prices being asked now ... there might be a fair bit of unsold 2009 stock kicking about in 9 or 10 months

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com