tikkas having a nightmare

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

nothing at the moment just putting the money aside until i decide. will be something special tho ;)
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

synchronicity

by synchronicity

Alan Sherman wrote:You should have asked around - loads of aussies heading back for Christmas this time of year and they could have couriered them over for you as part of the luggage allowance! Especially as you live in London. Crikey, you could nearly hoopla a Quantas jet leaving Heathrow from where you are!

Maybe an unsuspecting Brit, but I severely doubt you could rope an Aussie stranger into packing a foreign object in their bags... especially something hollow like a set of carbon wheels. How do they know Tikka isn't operating some kind of drug-smuggling operation? :lol: I think most people will pass that opportunity. Aussie customs is almost as bad as the US... or worse.
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Alan Sherman wrote:You should have asked around - loads of aussies heading back for Christmas this time of year and they could have couriered them over for you as part of the luggage allowance! Especially as you live in London. Crikey, you could nearly hoopla a Quantas jet leaving Heathrow from where you are!

Sad to see the corimas go though - I thought they were nice wheels and a bit diferent to the usual zips and cosmics everyone has.

My assistant is flying back to OZ in 4 days. Will ask her, for £50 I reckon she may be convinced...
"I saw you with elephants hosing down some dwarves on black and white TV" - Ode to Anthony H Wilson

sawyer

by sawyer

synchronicity wrote:

Maybe an unsuspecting Brit, but I severely doubt you could rope an Aussie stranger into packing a foreign object in their bags... especially something hollow like a set of carbon wheels. How do they know Tikka isn't operating some kind of drug-smuggling operation? :lol: I think most people will pass that opportunity. Aussie customs is almost as bad as the US... or worse.

are you kidding synchro? for £50 in walkabout you could find someone who'd take em... and promptly ebay them before using the cash to buy a ticked back to Oz.