roller races...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

wicz

by wicz

hey, im hoping to build a simple counter for measuring distance easily for some roller races.

just hoping to get a bunch of local friends to come over in the winter and have some fun.

anyone done anything like this?

ive made a reducing set of gears out of legos i had from childhood once. not the best set up when its doing about 1500rpms.

was thinking of getting a flywheel of sorts and connecting it to a rotational mechanical counter.

any ideas?

oh, i am an engineering student with access to a rapid prototyping machine. maybe that would be a decent option...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kinky_cowboy

by kinky_cowboy

If I were doing this today, I'd walk across campus to the computing lab and get them to sort out an interface to your PC from some simple electro-optical or electromagnetic tachometer sensors. Likely to be much cheaper and more reliable than a mechanical system.

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

This was done by the mafia in "Les Triplettes de Belleville".

Sounds very complicated. All you need are some cheap bike computers that measure distance and scavenge the signal to a computer to compare on one screen.
Google: Results 1 - 20 of about 88,500 English pages for _doping_, _cycling_ and _denies_. (0.33 seconds)

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

lol ove that film la belle rendavous!
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry