Scott Bicycles will step up...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

djconnel

by djconnel

Damn. I was beaten to the joke. :)

Irish

by Irish

COWS? don't think so>>>

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xjaysonx

by xjaysonx

lol @ scott-american beef

p.s. american beef is based out of mexico!!!

J-Nice

by J-Nice

PezTech wrote:OK, OK, we all have a bug up our ass about Ricco and there should be some questions answered.

Those questions are never answered. The riders will never give up their suppliers, doctors-the main links in the chain will never be broken.

Ferrari is still working. This guy is one of the godfathers of modern-day doping in cycling. He is a wealthy man and still retains clients, albeit on the down-low.

Chris Carmichael settled a doping lawsuit out of court from his days when he was a trainer for the US national team. He has profited mightily from his association with Lance and continues to train athletes.

I'm not taking a shot at you Pez, I'm saying in general that people can throw stones at riders like Ricco all they want. They can chuck him in the garbage and ruin his career but he is not the main problem. He is just the meat that gets thrown into the grinder.

The big boys are somehow insulated and they continue to thrive. That is a disgrace.

GrahamB

by GrahamB

J-Nice wrote:
Chris Carmichael settled a doping lawsuit out of court from his days when he was a trainer for the US national team. He has profited mightily from his association with Lance and continues to train athletes.

And to write a training column on the Pez website... Height of gall though was Landis's trainer doing a live call on the final TdF TT in 2006, crapping on about his superb fitness, preparation, technique, blah blah. That wasn't also Carmichael was it?

J-Nice wrote:I'm saying in general that people can throw stones at riders like Ricco all they want. They can chuck him in the garbage and ruin his career but he is not the main problem. He is just the meat that gets thrown into the grinder.

Yes, and no. He chose to deal with the devil and throw himself into a grinder. However, offering a young guy the choice of instant fame & fortune vs possible long term health consequences... it's a huge temptation. I agree with you and think it's great that teams are folding because of doping, because that's the only thing that will motivate them to keep their riders clean... and let's face it, the first person who should suspect a rider is his training team.

However, as noted by Pez, it's hard on the little folk: mechanics, soigneurs etc etc.

Oh, an alledged quote from Honda Racing Corp in the context of motorcycle racing: "Riders are like light bulbs. If they stop working, we replace them..."
Graham

CharlesM

by CharlesM

By questions I mean that the team need to answer a bit.

I'm not a fan of the meat grinder... Hell I'm happy (in a wierd way) that Rasmussen won his suite against Rabobank. The team knew where he was and that he was telling lies and in fact sat beside him and vouched for him... Then they fire him and hold his pay and are right back in the tour.

Holding teams responsible is such a tough call, but in the end, I think it's how we get things back to presentable and at least holding the image of clean. honestly that's what the sponsors have done (hold teams accountable with the check books) and it's why teams models like Garmin and Columbia are here now.

drjones96

by drjones96

That was my question all along. "How could the team leadership not know?" And when it was revealed they just threw the guy under the bus. pfff :roll:

zebragonzo

by zebragonzo

And now they're stepping back down.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id= ... news/08-28
Dimples: Laminar flow separates more easily from a surface than turbulent air. Delayed separation reduces drag. A groove perpendicular to the flow triggers laminar to turbulent conversion. A spinning object uses dimples so an edge always faces the flow.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Yep...

Already started a thread.

At the end of the day, I think Scott had best intentions with keeping the team rolling.

I still like that they kept a lot of people (especially the lower paid support staff) from suffering from "the hatchet" falling mid season. I think it a stand up thing to do.

But even with best intentions and with a large effort, a sponsor can only do so much before they have to move on.

I still tip the cap to Scott for helping a lot of people get through a bad situation and not abandoning them at the drop of a hat.