Mallorca bike shops?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

confusedxx

by confusedxx

I am heading to Mallorca in September. I understand there are some good bike dealers there and that they allow you to ride and demo the bike before you buy it :oops:

Where I live in Europe, this is not done :roll:

Thus, I want to use the opportunity to demo the Kuoto and a few other frames to see which size and bike fits me best. Do you have any recommendations and links to good bike stores on Mallorca?

by Weenie

doozer

by doozer

not sure about demo riding the bikes? but gomila's at binnisalem is the perhaps the best one. There's a nice one in manacor and a smaller but very helpful shop in Alcudia opposite burger king on the main through road from Port de Pollenca to Can picafort. I think it's called 'bequisport' or similar

dooz
Dance you cares away, worries for another day, dance your cares away, down at fragglerock.

NS

by NS

Theres another on the mini roundabout in Alcudia just where you turn right onto the coast road to Pt Pollensa who I know used to sell Kuota, Bequisport is port d'alcudia IIRC on the roundabout, theres a lap dancing bar upstairs too (classy resort).

Theres a good one in Palma too but I couldnt begin to think how to get to it.

Leviathan who posts on here is your best bet he lives in Mallorca, drop him a pm

Leviathan

by Leviathan

The only place you MAY be able to demo a Kuota is through Pedro at Niu Wave in Alcudia, but I doubt it. He does have Karmas for hire and has a couple of Kredos...Tel +34971549584

Gomilla in Binissalem is the best, ask for Angel, but they really DONT have much of a demo program afaik

There are, however, a couple of German run "demo centres" in Can Picafort - I will look for the details - I know Velosport Mallorca often runs demos in conjunction with Lightweight & Others - Google them and ask for Johannes.

In addition, http://www.bikecamp.de/ claims to be a "scott test centre" and Ive seen their minibuses around full of shiny new Scotts!

NS, Ive lived here 10 years and NEVER know there was a lapdancing place above Bequisport!
nathanong87 wrote:
i used to come to the pro cycling discussion thread for pro pictures

NS

by NS

:oops:

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Leviathan wrote:NS, Ive lived here 10 years and NEVER know there was a lapdancing place above Bequisport!

Funny thing is there is a tabledance bar (actually two depending on how far you want to go with the girls...) next to/below Bequi's shop in S`Arenal, too.

Expect to meet lots of racers in the bars during january/february. :wink:

synchronicity

by synchronicity

If you're looking to rent a bike in Mallorca, have a look at these links. Some of them may be bike shops.
Vertebrae. Precision braking and shifting.

Frans

by Frans

As you stand in from the Sport Bequi the staris are around the left side. There's a little outdoor patio as well.

Don't ask me how I know this.

Cyclos Gomila has some good stuff as well but Sport Bequi rocks for Santini shorts, the twist gel bibs go for only 56-60 EUR and they are great for all day comfort. You can do a deal with the owner too if you but more than 3/4 pieces at once. His wife is sweet and watches the customers bikes outside where you have to leave them.

Shamus

by Shamus

Ciclos Quintana is good one also.
They had some team Pinarellos there for sale some years...
http://www.mallorcaweb.net/quintanabike/

tamburello

by tamburello

Hi to everyone.
just is a quick question. I am haeding to Mallorca in a week time and need dura-ace 7900 shifters for TT bike badly, since I broke one of mine. is it possible to buy there shimano bar-end shifters?

thanks in advance

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Ciclos Gomilla in Binissalem told me they (currently) have them in stock. :)

ultyguy

by ultyguy

If you get there tomorrow, there is a big cycle fair going on in playa de muro and Shimano has a stand there. Might be able to help.

by Weenie

tamburello

by tamburello

thanks for advice, guys. couldn't reach cycle store this time, but I will pass it on my way to hotel:)