Which of the tour hopefuls are clean?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

zebragonzo

by zebragonzo

Out of all of the expected tour hopefuls, who do we generally think is riding clean? Who's been implicated in scandals in the past?

Presumably everyone agrees that Evans is clean right?

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

zebragonzo wrote:Out of all of the expected tour hopefuls, who do we generally think is riding clean?

Generally no hopefuls.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aarw

by aarw

zebragonzo wrote:Presumably everyone agrees that Evans is clean right?

Why??

others are questioned due to their past teams, why not Evans?

I'm not accusing him, but i don't see why some people get accussed on one basis and others not.

FWIW, i've warmed to Evans a little more this year - his off the bike personality is a lot better.

zebragonzo

by zebragonzo

aarw wrote:others are questioned due to their past teams, why not Evans?

I've heard it rumoured that the peloton believe he's clean. The consensus of the peloton is generally right I think.

iliveonnitro

by iliveonnitro

I'm still doubtful that any tour hopeful can be clean. I thought the same about anyone in the pro peloton, but I'm coming around with CSC, Columbia, and Garmin's anti-doping programs.

Danton

by Danton

I think you can add the French teams to the list. Just in terms of basic economics, French teams know they don't have to dope, as they always get giant TV coverage in July. So less pressure to perform.

Most French teams have had anti-doping programs for 10 years now, thanks the bio passport system introduced by the French Federation in reaction to the Festina scandal. It's not a perfect system - guys like Moreni get through, Cofidis was a health threat for years - but it has helped against doping, a shame the UCI said no to the scheme, only to introduce it a decade on after so many problems.

rustychain

by rustychain

Gez...................What is the point of yet another endless doping post. Sit back and enjoy the tour. If you failed to notice its been rather good this year.
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

zebragonzo

by zebragonzo

The point?

There are people who believe that everyone is clean.

There are people that believe that everyone's doping.

I like to think I'm between the two. People have often heard the rumours of the peloton as to who's clean. As the people of this forum are fairly well informed, I was hoping to pick up more info here to that end.
Dimples: Laminar flow separates more easily from a surface than turbulent air. Delayed separation reduces drag. A groove perpendicular to the flow triggers laminar to turbulent conversion. A spinning object uses dimples so an edge always faces the flow.

NS

by NS

Just enjoy it for the spectacle, if they get caught like beltran then they are dopers, other than that just enjoy the racing, the scenery and all the other stuff that goes with it

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

zebragonzo wrote:
aarw wrote:others are questioned due to their past teams, why not Evans?

I've heard it rumoured that the peloton believe he's clean. The consensus of the peloton is generally right I think.

A lot of people though Vino was clean too. My parents think I'm an angel.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Hyde

by Hyde

I know this thread keeps getting Hijacked(sorry!!!), but if nothing else Beltran & the 20 others with abnormal blood levels proved that it's still out there. As usual everyone will think the guy on the second step of the Podium is clean...

babylou

by babylou

TheBugMan wrote:A lot of people though Vino was clean too. My parents think I'm an angel.

I thought Vino was clean :x My mother says I'm a cross between Saddam & Hitler.

skaparn

by skaparn

Johnny Rad wrote:Define clean.

The boydbuilder Ronnie Coleman once said, at the time he worked as a police besides his career; "I'm not clean - but I'm legal".

1043limitedgrams

by 1043limitedgrams

I believe the anti doping crew will do their best to catch the cheater(s), and they will get caught. So I think we may aswell just sit back end enjoy the tour's legends and the other riders who are clean. ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com