LBS in San Francisco (CA) or Miami (FL)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Ulle

by Ulle

I will fly to USA in 5 days and I'll stop for a 2 weeks vacation in San Francisco(CA) and Miami (FL)...
I would like to buy a pair of Specialized S-Works Road Shoes in order to save some money thanks to the "strong EURO currency", but I don't know any place to go for.
I've found this 2 LBS using "finding dealer" in Specialized Official Website:

Bike Tech in Miami
Mike's Bike in San Francisco

Any advice about them? Any other good bike shop where to go?

Thank You :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CreativeEdge

by CreativeEdge

Mack Cycle has great prices on shoes..
better than Bike Tech.

In Miami..

jmg3

by jmg3

if you don't speak spanish don't bother going to either Bike Tech or Macks, there is a lot of gringo-hate going on in those shops

:P
| adiStar Comp 4 |

MaaseyRacer

by MaaseyRacer

Mike's bikes in the SF bay area is a joke. There are a million local shops in the SF bay area that are much better.

tmanley

by tmanley

MaaseyRacer wrote:Mike's bikes in the SF bay area is a joke. There are a million local shops in the SF bay area that are much better.

So lend a hand and name one :)

I like Bikenut. Lots of WW parts available.

XL_Carbon

by XL_Carbon

tmanley wrote:
MaaseyRacer wrote:Mike's bikes in the SF bay area is a joke. There are a million local shops in the SF bay area that are much better.

Yes, if you're going to San Francisco and find yourself in the Marina District, go to Bikenut...that's a must. They're that only place that means business when it comes to light weight, weight weenie grade bike paraphernalia. And if you got deep pockets, they have two sub 12lb (or is it 11.5lb, I forget) bikes for sale that shows their passion for what they can do. They're friendly too...great bunch of guys. :thumbup:

Full disclosure: I'm a regular there. But no deep pockets...just a kid in a candy store...you know what I mean. :lol:

As for a Specialized dealer, Mike's Bike Sausalito is one place. Rent a bike and ride over the Golden Gate bridge to Sausalito if you want to get in some riding. They have a good selection of shoes. Mike's Bike in San Francisco...I've never been there, can't comment.
Last edited by XL_Carbon on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

TriRig

by TriRig

+1 for Bikenut. Huseyin is a great guy; he and his crew put a lot of love into their work, and really care about their customers.

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

Zenkai wrote:+1 for Bikenut. Huseyin is a great guy; he and his crew put a lot of love into their work, and really care about their customers.

But does Bikenut sell Specialized road shoes like OP was looking for?
I can't find anything Specialized on his website: http://www.bikenut.us
Under "About" the follwoing bike brands are mentioned: http://www.bikenut.us/main/index.php?x=about
Giant
Merlin
Colnago
Ti Cycles
Temple Cycles
Storck

Of course he could still be selling Specialized saddles, helmet and shoes etc. without selling their bikes.

bikeguy101

by bikeguy101

bikenut can order specialized components and shoes. site is under construction and the current brands in stock are storck, giant, cervelo, bianchi, litespeed, merlin, ibis, colnago, kestrel, raleigh, ti cycles...

MaaseyRacer

by MaaseyRacer

tmanley wrote:

A lot of guys here like the Bike Nut, it is a higher end shop. It depends what you are looking for. Freewheel on Hayes is a cool shop with cool guys working there. Village Peddler in Larkspur is a Specialized dealer, although you may have to order some stuff with them. The Bespoke in Noe Valley (24 & Castro) are a super high end shop, very clean (if that is your thing) the guys there seem very nice and eager to get their shop going. Seriously San Francisco, and Marin have more bike shops per square mile than anywhere else I have ever been.

There are four pages of bike shops in SF:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... 14677&z=13

For a 49 sq. mile city Google lists 50 bike shops in the city.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

XL_Carbon

by XL_Carbon

Maasey, I agree with you 100%...there's just a lot of bike shops in the 7X7 (mile) area of San Francisco but I think the OP will just have to do a Google map of his current location (when he's in the area) and call a shop to see if it has the shoe and size he is looking for.

Did a search for Dealers at the Specialize site and BikeNut is in there. Cool!