wise cycle buys

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mattyew

by Mattyew

i recently ordered ~$1200 worth of items from this website. after doing research on the site using this forum it appeared as though some of you have had success with receiving products from them.

a family member used their card for the transaction so i could pay them back since i don't have a card. money went missing from their account however the sales rep from wisecyclebuys claimed no money made it to their account in the US. Not sure why this happened

VISA claimed that they were probably waiting for the 7 days grace period to pass so that they could get away without completing the transaction until after this time period passed - disallowing my family member to get it back. Then if they don't send the product, there's nothing I could have done.

I have to say, if I was being ripped off, the guy did a good job of being polite on the phone and everything - the site looks legit but on the other hand if I wasn't being ripped off, it's a shame this had to happen because I really freaking need those parts for my bike.

Just thought I'd share this story, just in case anyone was thinking of purchasing anything online - especially from wisecyclebuys.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

theremery

by theremery

Matty....you have a full and updated anti-virus suite on your PC? ...otherwise, update and run it. Keystroke logger programs can strip funds your account faster than you can throw $10 bills out your moving car's window ;)
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

I definitely don't think you are getting ripped off, at least, not by wisecyclebuys. I've bought stuff from them more times than I can count and William has always been very sincere and good to deal with (eg sending out replacements before receiving returned parts).

CharlesM

by CharlesM

If you don't get what you ordered email me directly.

Charles@pezcyclingnews.com

I've known them for years.

You should be fine.

wasfast

by wasfast

I've spent thousands of dollars through William and have been very satisfied. The issue is likely from the banking aspect, not something deliberate on their part. Good company.

Mattyew

by Mattyew

i guess there is no way of being able to tell for sure what happened.

I'll just chalk it up to bad communication through banking/business relations

wannaclimb

by wannaclimb

I ordered $1800 of gear a few days ago, and they shipped the next day. UPS ground, though, so won't be received until Tuesday... I can't wait!

HillMut

by HillMut

I know one of the owners of the site - I am sure they did not rip you off. Hope things get worked out for you.

eddd

by eddd

+1
Never a single issue.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

have ordered from wise for several years. bryan and william are honest. they are 100% excellent to work with.

stumpytrunks

by stumpytrunks

Another happy customer here. I hope everything works out well for you, sounds pretty unfortunate.
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves a little less seriously.

Mattyew

by Mattyew

damn, wish it had gone through. oh well, chalk it up to bad luck - can't blame VISA for looking out for us but I suppose sometimes it can bite you in the ass. :(

hopefully i can get the parts i need soon, i want to ride badly but my drivetrain is too worn to work with more than 150 watts!

theremery

by theremery

Ring them. Explain the situation....try again!!
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

Praha19300

by Praha19300

Its pretty rare for a consumer to be ripped off permanently using a credit card... the vendor has much more chance of being ripped off by the client if he hasn't dotted all the i's .

Wise Cycle Buys

by Wise Cycle Buys

Several concerned customers who sometimes visit this site recently alerted us to this posting.
While we are very sorry this particular transaction did not work out, I need to stress that at no time did we ever receive any funds from the credit card provided, and at no time did we ever “hold” any transaction.
We don’t treat customers in the way that has been implied in this post, and always do our best to make sure a purchase is completed in a timely manner.
I would like to clarify a few things regarding this particular order and set the record straight.
Briefly, here is what transpired from our side:
You contacted us by phone to be sure we shipped to Canada, which I said we do, routinely, but that some of the parts you were interested in were out of stock and would be available the following week.
This was okay with you, and subsequently you (or someone from your family) attempted to place an order with us through our web site three different times, all unsuccessfully, at which point the system automatically locks out any further attempts for fraud reasons.
You then contacted me to ask if anything could be done, to which I replied that I could attempt to process the charge manually from my end, when the out-of-stock parts arrived, using the information from the previous attempts.
You agreed.
When the parts did come in the following week, I notified you and attempted to run the charge manually, using the information you had previously given.
My attempts failed and no money was charged.
I contacted you by phone to let you know, and you then told me the Cardholder name that you had used in the past was not correct and gave me a new name to try.
That didn’t work either.
I again contacted you and you then told me the Billing Address you had previously used was also incorrect and gave me a new one to try.
Again, my attempts to run the charge were refused, and, now the Ship-To address and the Billing Address turn out to be different.
It should be noted that we typically don’t ship international orders where the Billing Address and the Ship-To address are different, due to possible credit card fraud, but I was willing to try work with you, having spoke with you over the phone on numerous occasions and you seemed to be honest, even if the information for the credit card kept changing each time we spoke.
At this point, having made several attempts to charge your (or your families) credit card, all unsuccessfully, I recommended you (or whomever in your family was the proper card owner) contact your Card-Issuing institution to see what they recommended and to find out what the problem was.
I hardly think if I was trying to “rip you off”, this would be a logical recommendation, since they would appraise you as to what was going on.
I don’t know what Canadian Visa or your Card-Issuing institution did with your money through this whole process, since I have no way of finding out that information, but I can tell you that I spent HOURS trying to work with you, using the varying information YOU provided, all totally unsuccessfully.
And, I was the one that followed up at the end to be sure you (and the other family member) were satisfied that everything was in order and this purchase attempt was closed.
I did my best to work with you, and I am very sorry this didn’t work out, but at NO time were ANY of the transaction attempts successful and at NO time did we receive ANY money from your credit card.
Again, I am sorry you appear to be unhappy about this situation, but I am not sure what else I could have done, given the circumstances.
I hope you are able to get the parts you need soon and are out on the road riding safely.
Sorry the explanation is so long, but I feel it warrants a detailed response.
Also, we don’t monitor this site; so if anyone has any questions/input, please don’t hesitate to email us at sales@wisecyclebuys.com and we will do our best.
Thank you,

-Bryan

Wise Cycle Buys

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com