2008 Tour De France contenders?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Sprinter

by Sprinter

It's been announced Adam Hansen is riding the Tour, well done WWer

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

seriousconsult

by seriousconsult

Why the love for Sastre? It seems like he can be a contender if just Valverde and Menchov get caught with EPO.

zebragonzo

by zebragonzo

Sastre is easy to like. He's exciting. He's got weaknesses. He will attack till he blows on mountain stages. He's respectful of the un-written rules. Most importantly, he's the underdog and we always like the underdog!

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

zebragonzo wrote:Sastre is easy to like. He's exciting. He's got weaknesses. He will attack till he blows on mountain stages. He's respectful of the un-written rules. Most importantly, he's the underdog and we always like the underdog!

+1!!

Skunk

by Skunk

Plus, Sastre is a machine. He rode 5 grand tours in a row!

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

Skunk wrote:lol, Danielson didn't even make the Tour team. Dude should find a new career.

Simple equation: Lance Armstrong-EPO = Tom Danielson.

My local pool is on how many riders will be kicked out for doping. Even money is on at least 2.

While I still think banning Astana was a good idea, its very inconsistent to ban Astana, yet allow CSC or Rabobank.
Google: Results 1 - 20 of about 88,500 English pages for _doping_, _cycling_ and _denies_. (0.33 seconds)

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

Sprinter wrote:It's been announced Adam Hansen is riding the Tour, well done WWer

This is the only reason why I'm even watching.

I really don't care about who wins overall, it's individual performances that are more interesting.
Google: Results 1 - 20 of about 88,500 English pages for _doping_, _cycling_ and _denies_. (0.33 seconds)

djconnel

by djconnel

In Overcoming, Sastre objects to Bjarne Riis against using a power meter. On the Cervelo site, Gerard makes it rather clear he thinks Sastre makes a mistake in choosing to use an R3 instead of an SLC. Sastre is the antithesis of an equipment weenie, like Pantani was. Some people like that. Old school.

This year is short on time trial kms. If there was ever a year for Carlos, this is it. And he seems to be more focused on the Tour this year. But I just don't see him putting time on Valverde, Evans, even Cunego or Menchov. If I had to put money on CSC, I'd be tempted to go with Andy Schleck instead of Sastre. But I'm often wrong.