HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: bigger, stronger, faster
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:59 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:33 am
Posts: 3468
Location: Hamilton, Canada
Interesting new movie about PEDs and sport.

http://www.biggerstrongerfastermovie.com

the basic point: everyone is doping.

_________________
Google: Results 1 - 20 of about 88,500 English pages for _doping_, _cycling_ and _denies_. (0.33 seconds)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:39 am
Posts: 1688
Location: Los Angeles=Hills, Smog
I was watching a you tube vid about Fausto Coppi. I guess he was asked if he had ever taken performance enhancing durgs. His reply..."When ever it was necessary". So he was asked "when was it necessary?" "When ever I could"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:33 am 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:21 am
Posts: 281
as a high school teacher and track coach I can't wait for this, thanks for the heads up


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:35 am
Posts: 1474
Its' not the steroid use that bothers me-its' the hypocrisy that goes along with it. The fact that we here in America are told by our teachers since the first grade that we can be anything we want to be if we work hard enough when it simply is not true.

And I have had conversations with guys I rode with who used to kill me and they would smugly tell me "Well, you just have to work harder. You're not working hard enough". Then come to find out that these same people were shooting adrenaline, hgh, steroids, EPO just to do training rides with the local chain gang.

Frustrating as hell I can tell you. But what does it say about guys who dope, train like crazy and are still pack jelly in their CAT 3 races?

We've created a culture where people refuse to accept their limitations and are convinced that there are shortcuts to EVERYTHING.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:43 am
Posts: 559
Location: The 'Dena
Ding !... Well said... rack him..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:35 am
Posts: 1474
Just saw the movie yesterday afternoon. I recommend it highly.

Definitely an eye-opener to all those who think performance-enhancing drugs are only a sports issue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Posts: 3705
Location: Vicenza
Hope it will be able to download it sooner or later!

_________________
ciclismo-espresso.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:39 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:33 am
Posts: 3468
Location: Hamilton, Canada
J-Nice wrote:
Just saw the movie yesterday afternoon. I recommend it highly.

Definitely an eye-opener to all those who think performance-enhancing drugs are only a sports issue.


#1 abuser of steriods is 14-19 yr old high school girls just trying to look buff.

_________________
Google: Results 1 - 20 of about 88,500 English pages for _doping_, _cycling_ and _denies_. (0.33 seconds)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:43 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:33 am
Posts: 3468
Location: Hamilton, Canada
J-Nice wrote:
Its' not the steroid use that bothers me-its' the hypocrisy that goes along with it. The fact that we here in America are told by our teachers since the first grade that we can be anything we want to be if we work hard enough when it simply is not true.


Thus the point of Governor Arnold. He took all the dope he could survive, cheated to win, then became a state leader with absolutely no qualifications or education.

Good video by Dick Butkus on what happens to NFL players (average life expectancy, 55)

http://www.scribemedia.org/2006/12/01/d ... -steroids/

_________________
Google: Results 1 - 20 of about 88,500 English pages for _doping_, _cycling_ and _denies_. (0.33 seconds)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:43 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 3914
Location: lat 38.9677 lon 77.3366
DocRay wrote:
J-Nice wrote:
Its' not the steroid use that bothers me-its' the hypocrisy that goes along with it. The fact that we here in America are told by our teachers since the first grade that we can be anything we want to be if we work hard enough when it simply is not true.


Thus the point of Governor Arnold. He took all the dope he could survive, cheated to win, then became a state leader with absolutely no qualifications or education.

Good video by Dick Butkus on what happens to NFL players (average life expectancy, 55)

http://www.scribemedia.org/2006/12/01/d ... -steroids/

That qualifies him to be president :wink:

_________________
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Sram Red 110BCD bigger chainring options

in Road

Grimpeur

3

897

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:06 pm

Grimpeur View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Why are today's bikes faster

in Cycle Chat

fromtrektocolnago

13

1051

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:10 am

fromtrektocolnago View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Zipp 202FC faster than 404FC, WTH?

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

CBRE

25

2902

Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:23 am

springs View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. What's faster on HED3 clincher,Bontr.aero tt or Conti GP tt?

in Cycle Chat

el condor

1

228

Sat May 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Juanmoretime View the latest post


It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB