How can you afford all of these toys & goodies?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So I'm reading a thread about Shamals vs. Boras vs. ZIPPs. Then there's a thread on even more pricey, unique stuff... and I look at my bank account, which is o.k. but not amazing, and I'm wondering:

What do you people do for a living???? I realize some of you may get a lot of this stuff through being a product tester, or owning a bike shop, or even being on a team...

But the rest of you?

Respond, discuss - tell me what I need to be doing for a living in order to be able to afford all of these wonderful things...

Ritterview

by Ritterview

Just take a few college science courses, sign up for this test and average above 11-12, send in your application, get admitted, while away a few years in school, get a few years of training, pass the board exams, start a practice, get yourself a good reputation, and if then things go well you might be able to get a few bike items.

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Charlie Chan

by Charlie Chan

We cant.... We need the fast bikes to get away from debt collectors!

jjmstang

by jjmstang

Gigolo :lol:
Friends don't let friends ride clinchers

Cheers!

by Cheers!

It's called working hard. Unless you inherited rich.

I got As all through high school. Got accepted to a top university in Canada. Took 4 years of undergraduate to graduate with a degree in engineering. I now work in Aerospace engineering.

I also now look back and wish I took finance. I look at all my buddies from high school who went down the business route and got jobs in the finance/analyst industry. I make peanuts compare to them.

linus

by linus

Cheers! wrote:It's called working hard. Unless you inherited rich.

I got As all through high school. Got accepted to a top university in Canada. Took 4 years of undergraduate to graduate with a degree in engineering. I now work in Aerospace engineering.

I also now look back and wish I took finance. I look at all my buddies from high school who went down the business route and got jobs in the finance/analyst industry. I make peanuts compare to them.

DId you go to Waterloo? Ah.....good ol' MC...... :lol:

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

prendrefeu wrote:So I'm reading a thread about Shamals vs. Boras vs. ZIPPs. Then there's a thread on even more pricey, unique stuff... and I look at my bank account, which is o.k. but not amazing, and I'm wondering:

What do you people do for a living???? I realize some of you may get a lot of this stuff through being a product tester, or owning a bike shop, or even being on a team...

But the rest of you?

Respond, discuss - tell me what I need to be doing for a living in order to be able to afford all of these wonderful things...

I have a very average wage, save hard, don't got out drinking (huge money sink!), one car for me and the wife, budget well. Simple :D

Cheers!

by Cheers!

linus wrote:
Cheers! wrote:It's called working hard. Unless you inherited rich.

DId you go to Waterloo? Ah.....good ol' MC...... :lol:

No I went to Queen's

airsoft510

by airsoft510

For me, cycling plays a huge role in my life. And even more so the technology of it. Thus I spend all of my money on bikes, and as least as I can on everything else.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

EBAY :lol:
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

I'm a research tech at the university who makes very little. All I care about is health, family, friends, sport, helping others, generally just enjoying life. I live in a small apartment (but prefer to live in my car to save money for a condo), just paid off the new car and have a gorgeous woman who's becoming a Doctor to save the world. I generally live a comfortable life. When I want something I live off noodles until enough is saved and search eBay. It took eight months of eating spaghetti with chicken every day to build my latest bike but would not trade that process for anything.
In the past I've been known to work three jobs for months/years for my toys.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Leloby

by Leloby

Oh dear, this is an open invitation for all the pretentious, overpayed vain boys and girls to let you know how they earned their fortunes. "Hard work" will be the term of the day here....

Best way prendrefeu, is not to listen to a word they say, the true snob never rests, there is always a higher goal to attain - always more and more people to look down upon.

Remember that money only buys a better class of enemy.

Just buy their old stuff.

Danton

by Danton

I came to this site for the first time a long time ago precisely because I wanted information and advice on how to spend my money wisely. Whether you are buying a pair of Boras or some spokes, you can find plenty of advice to get the best product for you.

Building a bike is an incremental process, it's rare for people on here to buy a whole bike in one you, you pick up pieces here and there. So time helps you save money.

dmirrer

by dmirrer

just saving money, living in an appartment which is not as expensive as a villa, don't have a girlfriend or wife who demands a lot of money :idea: (not yet at least) and spending money wisely (I don't need the fastest internet connection for instance) ...still enjoying life though :D BTW I'm working as a testanalist
Last edited by dmirrer on Wed May 14, 2008 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Leviathan

by Leviathan

I sell clean blood to Dr. Fuentes
"I saw you with elephants hosing down some dwarves on black and white TV" - Ode to Anthony H Wilson